Thinking of selling my Max....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shane, WTF!

First off, sorry to hear about the divorce - never good, especially when kids are involved.

Second, when it's your time to leave this world, it won't matter what your doing at the time, remember Elvis' story, died on the trone, or hell better yet, watch a few episodes of 1001 ways to die - now there's some strange ways to go.

Point is, don't give up something you love for the "just in case it might happen" situation.

Glad to see your thinking of the kids though, remember to stay close to them and let them lean on you during these times, I'm sure it's tough on them too.

Best of luck Shane.

Mike

You could slip in the shower crack your head, get in a car wreck, etc. You never know what can do you in. I could see if you were sky diving. I say keep the bike. Good luck in your decision.

I hear ya Zippo! I have mine stored in my parents basement, but they are fully insured. I plan to just do basic fire and comprehensive next year on them and get them ready to sit for a while.

I don't have the time or want to ride them right now, but they're paid for 100%.

Good luck,
Chris

If you're lacking the will to ride due to your kids just get a fancy plastic film and don't allow the max to collect any dust... She will always be there waiting for you... best of luck with the other situation

Divorce: Been there/done that. My daughter was 5 years old. She is an adult now, has 3 college degrees & works in banking. I was in college on the GI Bill at the time of the divorce; going to school full time ,working full time & living pay check to pay check.
At the time I thought my daughter & getting a good education were more important than the bike. Cash flow was a problem. I sold the bike; paid bills, and spent extra time with the kid. Don't regret that decision. There were plenty more bikes after my schooling was done & the cash flow became less of a problem.

Am I tellling you to sell your bike? NO!
Just suggesting that if you do sell it; make a well reasoned decision, not a snap judgement.
If cash flow is not a problem; I'd park it for the rest of the year, wait until things mellow out, and then make the sell/no sell decision.

If I go tomorrow; my current wife(30+ years), and my daughter will be fine financially.
I'm a more conservative rider than I used to be, but I do still ride 2 VMaxs.
Have no plans to quit anytime soon; I am 68 years old.
You can die falling off a damn riding mower! Now that would "really" suck!

Good luck,

Jester 42

Got a 10 month old. I know exactlly what you mean brother. Sunday mornings I get out in the garage about 6:30 am with my coffee, planning a nice 100 mile route in my head to still be back for a good breakfast and not miss any time with the wife and baby.....but damm all I see is my sons face every fuckin time I click that starter button and kick the stand up. You get that ole "hope I make it back to see the little guy feelin" I know EXACTLY how you feel and I think alot of fellas on this site know it too Zipp....... The only thing that keeps me from selling it is that feelin I get when I crank that bitch open for a few gears and realize that I have one of the baddest models of motorcycle ever produced sittin in my garage.......Good luck to you man

Attachments

• P2241231.jpg
    P2241231.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 4
  • P5101405.jpg
    P5101405.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 4
Back