Throttle body sync issue

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a 2009 btw and the recall has been done.
That was the very next thing I was going to ask. Lunatic, what does your gauge read at startup with a cold engine? Depending on your gauge, I'd question just how accurate it is, especially at the lowest & highest points of the range. If you show pressure at idle on a cold engine then I wouldn't worry too much about it. The issues these bikes had concerning the oil pressure was most of the repairs made were done wrong & the oil pump was completely non-functioning...ie, you wouldn't register anything on a gauge.

That was the very next thing I was going to ask. Lunatic, what does your gauge read at startup with a cold engine? Depending on your gauge, I'd question just how accurate it is, especially at the lowest & highest points of the range. If you show pressure at idle on a cold engine then I wouldn't worry too much about it. The issues these bikes had concerning the oil pressure was most of the repairs made were done wrong & the oil pump was completely non-functioning...ie, you wouldn't register anything on a gauge.
I'll have to check cold. I was thinking 10-15ish. Mine is about exactly 10psi per 1000rpm once it gets above idle.

Back