Tightening The Steering

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the06vmaxer

Reaction score
Hey Guys. Got my membership here a couple of months ago. Everyone here is a great resource. Retuned my carbs with thanks to you guys!

However now I am faced with another common problem. I have that low speed wobble that plagues the vmax. I bought it new in 07 and now have 7xxx km on it. I figure the steering has broke in and just needs to be snugged up. I read alot about tightening up the bearings and what not. Just wondering if anybody had some pictures of what I am tightening, or perhaps a little guide.

Just want to make sure I am adjusting the proper nuts, also dropping it down, what will I gain by that? Any tips or a guide on that aswell would be muchly appriciated. Thanks for all the help guys. Ride safe.

There's a link to almost every thing you need in the VMF links page. Just click the little button on the tool bar.

It's a great (although often under used) resource.

I just used the directions posted in it to do a buddies bike and they worked the treat...

Latest posts

Back