Tire prices going up?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyg-5386

Reaction score
Damn..I've been searching for me880's to replace my Shinkos and it looks as though the prices are going up...and up. I had them in my cart for a week at BikeBandit and motorcycle Superstore and the prices have gone up almost 20% in the last week. I wonder what gives? Anyone know who has the best prices for the me880's right now?

Damn..I've been searching for me880's to replace my Shinkos and it looks as though the prices are going up...and up. I had them in my cart for a week at BikeBandit and motorcycle Superstore and the prices have gone up almost 20% in the last week. I wonder what gives? Anyone know who has the best prices for the me880's right now?
:biglaugh: http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=18917:biglaugh:

well when fuel prices go up tires will go up and at a faster rate. One it takes crude oil to make tires, even if they get a multitude of other products in the refining process. When the cost for that goes up so does the tires. Second when fuel goes up, it cost more to ship the tires, by the time you get them on your vehicle they have been moved by semi at least 3 times if not more. So those are the two leading reasons for tire pricing going up.

I found some in Denver at a cycle excessory store. They were for my Cazz wheels. Tires were $389 for the set.. and they were ME880's

G

wow glad i got my new set of radials for like $130 for the pair!

The cheapest I found was Ronayers even though the shipping was $24. $291.36 shipped for both tires. I went with stock sizes. The 170 rear was $20 less than the 150 rear but I prefer the look of the stock size and did not want to washer swap even though I might not have to. I probably could have gotten by with just ordering another rear shinko because my front shinko looked as though it would have lasted as long a new rear shinko but....I do not like the front shinko tire. I'm not saying it caused any wobbles but it felt a bit "squirrely" in sweeping turns. The rear shinko only lasted 5k miles and I am not an aggressive rider. I am sure I will be happy with the new Metzelers. I was considering the new Bridgestone exedra max tires but they were only $60 cheaper than the Metzelers. Thanks to all who responded.

110438110-10428ME880 110/90H18 FRONT1$109.63$109.63
110432110-10418METZELER ME880 150/90HB-15 REAR1$157.73$157.73

Sub Total $267.36
Shipping$24.00
State Tax $0.00
Specialty Tax Total $0.00
Coupons$0.00
Grand Total $291.36

Gee...maybe I shoulda gone with another shinko or the bridgestones after reading the numerous posts on the internet about the "Brazilian" made me880's. Now I'm kinda worried and I'm gonna be looking at my tires with a magnifying glass before and after every ride. Sure hope they've sorted out that fiasco.

It's a good reason to buy when you see a sale, even if you don't need them yet. Bikebandit has some amazing 24 hr sales from time to time. Add to that the 10% discount they give with AMA membership.

its nuts i got my shinko 005's almost 45% off their normal prices.

The price of burnouts has been shown to be directly related to the price of tires.

I have yet to actually go through a set of Metz's on my bike....the stupid Avon it came with was showing cords at like 8000(amongst it's flat spots and cupping....garbage), the Metz I replaced it with picked up a nail and I only got a couple thousand out of the repair, and i've got maybe 3k on my current Metz.

It's still easily 50% tread, probably more like 2/3. I ride it fairly hard, but do try to keep wheelspin to a minimum. The front has around 10k on it and it maybe 50%.

Back