Tool Kit?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick313

Reaction score
What is the general consensus on the factory tool kit. Do you carry it or leave it out?

I weighed my tool kit and it was 2 lbs.

:ummm:

What is the general consensus on the factory tool kit. Do you carry it or leave it out?

I weighed my tool kit and it was 2 lbs.

:ummm:

I removed mine and put all the tools in a plastic container that stays on the workbench. It is my main source for tools when I work on the bikes (which is all the time!).

There is a tool in the kit to fit every bolt, not, screw...whatever, on the v max.

I'M AN AUTO MECHANIC , I DON'T CARRY TOOLS , I CONSIDER IT BAD LUCK ! MAN DID I JUST JINX MYSELF , OR WHAT !...:rofl_200:

I carry the OEM tool kit along with a few added tools (namely a set of vice grips).

Sean

I carry the OEM toolkit plus some extra wire and duct tape. I trust in the inner Macguyver in me. I use my regular tools once in the garage though.

I carry the OEM toolkit plus some extra wire and duct tape. I trust in the inner Macguyver in me. I use my regular tools once in the garage though.

:clapping: Perfect choice Brian....Extra wire and duct tape......you can hold the universe together!!! :thumbs up:

I carry mine... I'd rather have the 2 pounds there under the seat just in case then to have to push 240lbs down the road, or up a hill.

i always carry mine. just added electrical tape to it. i would like to put some vice grips and needle nose pliers in there eventually. its helped a couple times

For longer trips I carry most all the tools I use in the garage plus extra fuses, electrical wiring, electrical tape, and a spare variety of bolts(old nuts and bolts that I have upgraded to SS allen heads).
I have also been reading on the FJR forums about a small air pump and a tire repair kit. Anybody ever carry a kit like this on longer trips?

Back