Torque Wrench

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a couple of craftman torque wrenches, 1/2" and a 3/8" drive. I used to have a couple of snap-on torque wrenches along with an abondance of other tools.

When my nephew gets out of jail I'm going to have to track his theving ass down and find out where he hocked them.

Same here, Craftsman 3/8," but no theiving nephew. It's always the relatives, they're the only ones who can get close enough! :bang head:

A good backhand up side the kisser prolly wouldn't hurt either KJ! :boxing00:

torque wrench - what torque wrench?? The valve cover bolts bottom out on the shoulders so no 100% needed. You can't collapse the covers but I supposed you could break off a bolt if you got really frisky.

Sean

torque wrench - what torque wrench?? The valve cover bolts bottom out on the shoulders so no 100% needed. You can't collapse the covers but I supposed you could break off a bolt if you got really frisky.

Sean

So tight is tight, excellent.

I have 4 torque wrenches. You probably need three wrenches, two 3/8" drive (one in inch-lbs and one in ft-lbs) and one 1/2" drive for anything over 70 or so ft-lbs.

I have 4 torque wrenches. You probably need three wrenches, two 3/8" drive (one in inch-lbs and one in ft-lbs) and one 1/2" drive for anything over 70 or so ft-lbs.

Ya, I have a 20-150 ft/lbs, and a 50-250ft/lbs, never though I would need anything this small/

I use the inch-lb for most items on the bike.

The inch-lb wrench has markings from 25 to 250 in-lbs. It is a Craftsman and I have had it for many years. Actually made in the USA.

Thanx M-C. I have a 3/8" 15 - 75 ft. lbs. Craftsman model #44594 that SAYS it's made in the US. But I seriously question that, ASSEMBLED in the US.............................probably more like it! :bang head:

Iv got a beam style torque wrench but never use it.:biglaugh:

Can anyone recommend one or a set of torque wrench's to cover most needs?

HF?

i have a 20-200 in lbs from HF works well. 1/4" drive.

have a 10-150 ft lb from jc whitney that does 3/8" and 1/2" drive and the adapter that comes out is a 17mm which basically makes me have a 17mm box end ratcheting torque wrench. good for all the drain bolt holes

i have a 20-200 in lbs from HF works well. 1/4" drive.

have a 10-150 ft lb from jc whitney that does 3/8" and 1/2" drive and the adapter that comes out is a 17mm which basically makes me have a 17mm box end ratcheting torque wrench. good for all the drain bolt holes
From experience I can say that using the BIG TORQUE wrenches with wide range,
close to the lowest range can be cheat'y.

I have two. One 20-200Nm and im using him up to 40 and smaller one with 2-50Nm range which im using under 40Nm.
Bigger one with 1/2 socket and smaller with 1/4 socket.

Made mine when I went to Tech school and kept it all these years.
What do I use on the Vmax? well none, zilch, nada,.....don't need it.

Mine is a Pittsburgh Tools brand from Harbor Freight Tools. 1/2 drive, 10-150ft/lbs, however all the torques in my Hayes book are in Nm, so I have to convert.:ummm:

It's really big, I'd like to get a smaller one.

the HF 20-240 in lbs one is nice for $10 or whatever.

i have a converter on my phone for this exact reason! hah.

Latest posts

Back