Tough times for Bogie :(

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bogie

Reaction score
Well the the economic downturn finally bit hard for me. Job slashed all OT and cut back on hours in general. Still could be looking at being out of a job too. :bang head:

So between that, medical bills for heart docs, wifes student loans coming off deferment very soon......the bike just isn't affordable anymore.

The 09 R1 is now in the hands of its new owner.

This is the right thing to do for me right now but it still sucks. I am plugging away. We have taken steps to streamline our budget and we are on a 2 year plan to be mostly debt free.

So I will be back on 2 wheels again in the future but probably gonna be late next year if not spring 2011.

I have however decided that I am going to go back to a bike that is more suitable for two-up riding. So I am seriously thinking of going back to a Vmax when the time comes and getting a Gen II. :punk:

Economics have been hitting us all. Sorry you had to sell your ride. On the upside you already have a plan in place. That is alot more then what most have.

Chin up, you'll be riding again soon

sounds like u still got ur head on straight bogie. hope a max finds its way into ur future

Definately sucks to hear. I thought I was going to be without a bike this year too so I had to do one on the SUPER cheap. Keep hangin' out on here to keep the bug alive and so we can keep in touch!

Economics have been hitting us all. Sorry you had to sell your ride. On the upside you already have a plan in place. That is alot more then what most have.

Chin up, you'll be riding again soon

Thanks! You have to make a plan and get after it. :punk:

Nothing gets done by sitting around!! :eusa_dance:

sounds like u still got ur head on straight bogie. hope a max finds its way into ur future

Thannks!! I hope so too. The wife is even excited about the potential for a Vmax to be back in the garage at some point! :clapping: :rofl_200:

Definately sucks to hear. I thought I was going to be without a bike this year too so I had to do one on the SUPER cheap. Keep hangin' out on here to keep the bug alive and so we can keep in touch!

I'm not going anywhere brutha!! :punk:

2 wheels is in my blood!! :eusa_dance:

Sorry to hear about it.. I lost my good job back in March, but have been able to work construction to keep the bills paid. I'm glad you are smart enough to let the bike go and do the responsible thing. I've got an 05 Katana (only a 600) sitting in the back garage if you need a VERY cheap loaner in the mean time. Or if you ever want to come down and go for a ride, you can have the VMax and I'll take the Katana.... I need to find out which one is faster at the top end... I'll be disappointed to find out if the Katana wins.... it may take a little time to get up to speed, but the little buger cuts through the wind.

Jeff

Sorry to hear about it.. I lost my good job back in March, but have been able to work construction to keep the bills paid. I'm glad you are smart enough to let the bike go and do the responsible thing. I've got an 05 Katana (only a 600) sitting in the back garage if you need a VERY cheap loaner in the mean time. Or if you ever want to come down and go for a ride, you can have the VMax and I'll take the Katana.... I need to find out which one is faster at the top end... I'll be disappointed to find out if the Katana wins.... it may take a little time to get up to speed, but the little buger cuts through the wind.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. I appreciate that bro. I still have your number. :punk:

It was a hard thing to do but it was definately the right thing to do. :smile:

Latest posts

Back