Turn Signal Switch Maintenance

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lotsokids

Reaction score
My signal switch has been very hard to push (to cancel the signal). I shot some dry graphite into it, but that didn't help. So I took it apart and shot contact cleaner into all the moving parts. Then blew it out with my air compressor, and re-applied some graphite. WOW, what a difference! Only took about 10 minutes.

Highly recommended if your switch is a little hard to operate! One of my biggest fears is to ride without knowing the turn signal is on. That's inviting a collision.

How hight is your millage,
When it come tot the flasher switch mecanism; the starter switch will become bad nearly.

The lighting circuit cancel when starting process is a mecanical one, with brass contact and little spring to keep it tihgt
It as to be all open, cleaned and lube.

For those who have hight amp lighting consumation; you`l see brass contact become pited

Just share

Ninjaneer did a couple of helpful switch overhaul posts which I think became stickies. Thank-god the parts actually are capable of being disassembled and cleaned, instead of being told, "no-user serviceable parts inside, replace with a NOS one."

Graphite is an electrical conductive material, so it may cause unforeseen issues.

Attached are 3 PDF's I did of Venture switch cleaning, they are very similar to Vmax. The brake & clutch switch are smewhat similar, though the Venture has a cruise circuit in them which will be a little different. Rear brake switch is towards end of that file.

Very similar to what
Ninjaneer did, just different pictures & text.

Gary

Attachments

• 88 Throttle switch clean.pdf
    671.7 KB · Views: 13
  • clutch side switch clean.pdf
    782.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 4 wire brake and clutch switch clean.pdf
    542.5 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts

Back