turn signal

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It depends if they are 2 or 3 wire type.

2 wire type: Black wire is ground/minus; green and brown wires are for left + and right +

3 wire type: as above, and the blue wires go to the running light part of the bulbs

But, if you bought 3 wire LED signals, it will depend upon their manufacture, on how you need to set up the blue wire from the bike. Some attach right up and blink fine, while others will require a bit of addt'l 'work' to get them to blink correctly. I went out of my way to get 3 wire aftermarket LED's to replace a set of 3 wire LED's that were already on my 09 when I bought it, but one had quit working properly. The replacements even looked like the one's already on the bike, but were manufactured slightly different on the insides. I eventually had to add in-line diodes between the two hot wires going into the signals to separate the inputs so as to stop the weird chit happening when I hit a turn signal. Each of the LED sets I had (already on the bike, and the replacements I bought) already had the appropriate resistors built into their wiring to maintain OEM blink rates.

W/O the diodes in place, my running lights would light properly UNTIL I turned on a blinker, at which time that side would go very bright, as if the blinker were activated, but it would not blink. Rather than blink, that side would just remain on solid & brighter than the other side.

I am thinking of puting stock 3 wire signals on the wifes rear, dont tell her:).
Would I not just need to run a seperate hot wire to the 3rd running light wire?
Michael

I put stock 3-wires on the back of mine. Just tap the third wire into any switched hot wire. I tapped into the taillight wire. You can tap into the stop light wire if you want a stop light function instead of a running light. I have since replaced the stocks with chrome billet 3-wires (not LED) but may go back as they are not as visible as the stock which is the whole point!

I am thinking of puting stock 3 wire signals on the wifes rear, dont tell her:).
Would I not just need to run a seperate hot wire to the 3rd running light wire?
Michael

You would need to be in the next county, if not the next State, when Gigi wakes up and sees the addt'l wiring in her mirror in order to stay alive Michael. If you do this to Gigi, we need pics of how you hide the wires to her rear, or it didn't really happen.

Latest posts

Back