UFO Vgas set up

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wtf?:ummm:

LOL, I agree. See what I mean when I talk about the other pictures on Jon's site. With the exception of customer's rides (Chris' bike with the bum rear wheel and other nice looking bikes) and stock photos. the rest of the pictures are taken inside of his (or a) shop. I just think it's odd that all of a sudden they are being photographed in front of a garage on a leaf covered driveway, with the molds being photographed on a bed and plastic shelving and the final product in a chair. Something don't seem right.

The Ramair4Vmax guy basically makes these things out of his garage, I'm willing to guess that the pictures are his.

You'll have to do a performance writeup once you get yours in. Non for me, not untill a set that looks like my current scoops hit the market, I like the looks of the double scoops too much.

Right now I'm thinking about Sean's jet kit and the scooped faux tank (see below) from boxenstopp. I think with the proper mounting of some foam around the edge of the modified airbox lid, one would get some ram air effect. :clapping: both are the top two on my 2011 shopping list.

Last edited by a moderator:
when I get them on and it runs fine I will send out personals to the one that appreciate his work. The rest don't care for him and don't need to anything about how it does and looks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when I get them on and it runs fine I will send out personals to the one that appreciate his work. The rest don't care for him and don't need to anything about how it does and looks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to that.:clapping:

What? only nine-bills for chrome-plated 'glass scoops?? I'm gonna get three sets!!:rofl_200:

You guys who are running stock carbs dont understand.
Keihin
carbs will walk away from you. Regardless of who sold them to you. The mid range is unparalleled. I prefer Jons design. so sue, no crucify me.:biglaugh:

And if you've got
Keihin carbs you're spending money anyway. Wheels etc. The mod monkey's got you. $900 ain't Shit!:biglaugh:

Air filters,, air shmilters. all that shit sucked in is lapping compound and will make her run harder until she dont. Iv got a spare engine. two actually. and have the time to rebuild one.

Hell ask nobody. Hes in like over 15K. But I must digress.. His bike is nice. cept for the head light:biglaugh: But instead of gas on your knee. Your knee cap might be ground off.:biglaugh:

This thread got off to the wrong start and got way off topic. It should have been called.

Who the hell to buy Keihin carbs from?

Or a poll :hmmm:

Last edited:

Looking forward to that.:clapping:

You guys who are running stock carbs dont understand.
Keihin
carbs will walk away from you. Regardless of who sold them to you. The mid range is unparalleled. I prefer Jons design. so sue, no crucify me.:biglaugh:

And if you've got
Keihin carbs you're spending money anyway. Wheels etc. The mod monkey's got you. $900 ain't Shit!:biglaugh:

Air filters,, air shmilters. all that shit sucked in is lapping compound and will make her run harder until she dont. Iv got a spare engine. two actually. and have the time to rebuild one.

Hell ask nobody. Hes in like over 15K. But I must digress.. His bike is nice. cept for the head light:biglaugh: But instead of gas on your knee. Your knee cap might be ground off.:biglaugh:

This thread got off to the wrong start and got way off topic. It should have been called.

Who the hell to buy Keihin carbs from?

Or a poll :hmmm:

39 MM Flat slides are way to big for a 1200 motor and were designed by PCW for there 1500's. But what do I know? I only had them for 7 years on my bike, took them apart every year and cleaned them. Then tuned them again.

Bikes been confirmed over 130 hp with a low tire to boot.

Lets line em up!

Hi Rebar,

I also have a vgas installed in my '93 VMax. Before it pulls hard, there is a flat spot first particularly in 1st and 2nd gears. Does it mean that I should let it roll a bit first and not open the throttle aggresively at once? However, once it picks up, wow! it really pulls hard.

Roll into the throttle. They usually don't like being wacked open.

I installed a set on a friends bike and the before and after difference was 'effin incredible. Words couldn't describe my asonishment at the difference in acceleration. I was very impressed.

Wouldn't have a clue how to tune them, they were spot on out of the box tho,

No, you can't whack them open. flatslides are a little mechanical secondary 4 barrels, whack them open and you've made a big "hole" that the engine hasn't caught up with yet. CV slides act a little like vacuum secondaries, they only open as much as the engine is calling for...

boysen quick shot 3's accellerator pump which is adjustable will solve 90% of that flat spot, like rusty said they worked pretty good out of the box....ram air next baby!!

sounds like some of you don't care for UFO at all. Why. I have had nothing but good from him.

I second that, "my Megaphone exhaust purchase was flawless! " And in my opinion they are some of the best exhaust's on the market.:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Back