um need help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golden763

Reaction score
ok i want to clean out the a/f mixture circuts but i cant get the a/f screws out what do i do? thanks for any help :confused2:

From the F.A.Q

: What's the best way to extract A/F mixture screws?

A: Morley?s Muscle, www.morleysmuscle.com ,has been pretty successful at removing them, charges $50 to do it (He doesn?t charge if he can't remove it).

What he has that you could try is:

A special bushing that allows his drill bit to be perfectly centered. Then he drills completely through the screw with the 30 bit (He uses some special length bits that just go through and not into the seat area).

From there he tries to extract the screw (with a ground down extractor).

Then if it's not out, he drills out the screw to the size just under the thread diameter. He then uses a special tap, which he cleans the brass out of the threads.

When it's all done you put a new A/F screw set back in (screw, spring, washer, o-ring).

ok i want to clean out the a/f mixture circuts but i cant get the a/f screws out what do i do? thanks for any help :confused2:

Is the screw head stripped? If it isn't than fill the hole with PB Blaster of some other type of penetrating oil and let it sit for a couple of days. Also get an exact size as possible screwdriver for the slot on the screw. Keep good pressure on it while you turn it. You do not want to strip it! If you do, then you have to follow the post above.

Back