Unique Helmets

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always go for Caberg flip-up helmets, the flip is great when you're in traffic on a warm day but I always have it down on the open road (too much drag/turbulance when it's up) and they also have a sliding internal sun visor

helmet-brands-caberg-trip-met-black-40037.jpg

I love the look of their Rhino Jr (the one pictured) but sadly, they do not offer a fullsize. My HJC is an XL, so I would never find a Rhino to fit, unless they eventually come out with adult sizes. And neither Dennis Kirk or JP Cycle carries this brand.

I've been using a Craft RX1 Cobra for a while now.

rx1_cobra__28471.1326360063.1280.1280.jpg

I got this after a Super Bandit. I liked the Simpson look, but it was heavy and the liner wasn't removable. At high speeds the fin on the back of the Cobra will keep your head level to the road. I only have 2 problems with it. 1 there's a gap at the top of the shield where if you look down a little the rush of air in will make my eyes water and 2, there are no US dealers anymore. I can use a new shield but I'll have to get from overseas now.

Now if you want unique.......get yourself a rather large Halloween mask to stretch over it.

10-01-07_1430.jpg

skull.jpg

That there turns everyone's head; adults, kids, cops. I've had people get out their cars at a light to take my picture, all kids in school bus climb to 1 side to see me. I even scared this 1 woman who crossed the street in front of the truck ahead of me. When she got to the back of that truck she jumped back and even yelled a little. Told me I scared the crap out of her.

I love the look of their Rhino Jr (the one pictured) but sadly, they do not offer a fullsize. My HJC is an XL, so I would never find a Rhino to fit, unless they eventually come out with adult sizes. And neither Dennis Kirk or JP Cycle carries this brand.

That's the Caberg Trip (maybe just a different name over here) and it's available up to XL, but I think it has been replaced by the Duke for 2013
1351844870_casco-caberg-duke-negro-mate_bf_4509878.jpg

You really have to try on the helmet or buy from someone that allows returns or swaps for different sizes. Every manufacturer seems to have a different sizing method. I used to wear large Shoei in the 80's but now have to wear XL. They also went from round to oval shape somewhere in that time frame. My Nolan X-901's were XXL and had to do a little modding with a BIC razor on the interior to get rid of "hot" spots. I have an oval head and get serious headaches with the round configurations. But that can be fixed with the BIC razor. :biglaugh:

You do not want to be on a trip with a helmet that is too tight. Serious pain... If just a little loose, no pain but dangerous. Had one friend wearing a helmet a little too large and crashed. When we got to him the helmet was turned around and we thought his neck had been broken but he was ok. Said the helmet rattled around while he was riding and may have contributed to his crash as it was too distracting.

Latest posts

Back