v-boost @ 5000

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vegetta58

Reaction score
Been riding around playing with the max at diffrent speeds the last couple weeks. I dont like the v-boost kickin in @ 6000. If it could be set @ 5000 you could still run around 75mph on interstate without v-boost engaging. You would have a longer thrill and still keep it from running to rich right? How can you change the setting? I've read about the ignition box that changes it to 3000 but thats to low for what I'm looking for. Any thoughts or suggestions. Thanks

I might have to go with that. I really wanted it to kick in @ 5000 so I could run the interstate @ a decent speed before it kicked in. It shows a setting of 4500 on sassy and that would put cruisin speed under 70mph. That does look like the best option so far, Thanks

you can also check out the Micro - machines electronics site.
They have one too that you can program also at 5500 rpms.
It`s simular to this one.
<<Dave>>:punk:

They all do different versions of the same thing, if you want a cheap one do a search for t-boost it costs under $40

i have a sassy.....and i like the 4500 setting the best, anything lower is too rich.....fuel mileage suffers tho lol

Been riding around playing with the max at diffrent speeds the last couple weeks. I dont like the v-boost kickin in @ 6000. If it could be set @ 5000 you could still run around 75mph on interstate without v-boost engaging. You would have a longer thrill and still keep it from running to rich right? How can you change the setting? I've read about the ignition box that changes it to 3000 but thats to low for what I'm looking for. Any thoughts or suggestions. Thanks

How about boost at "any rpm". on rainy days, dont sqeeze the handle LOL.

Attachments

• bicycle boost 006.jpg
    bicycle boost 006.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 23
The Micro - machines one sets at 2000 and 250 incriments up to 5750 with a toggle switch to go back to normal

You could just wire a switch and switch it to the Off position when highway cruising. This way you can cruise at whatever speed you like without engaging the Vboost, and have it back on at the flick of a switch if needed.
That's what I do with my Tboost switch, since it's never worked as it should. (comes on at 9000rpm instead of 3000?!)

Latest posts

Back