V Bosst - removed - gone

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olds Guy

Reaction score
I am sure this subject has been beat with a stick but I am the new guy. Looking at my bike closely and the V Boost is removed and has tubes in place of it.

Is this a detriment to bottom end or will is cause it to run a little lazy on the bottom end (return to idle rpm and such)? My carbs need rebuilt in a bad way - where is a good source for parts?

Thanks guys!!

Just my opinion, but with a good full exhaust you can run fine without it. The only use I have for the v-boost is to ease the sync process. When I get a Weber sync tool I might take it off. You can tune it to run and idle fine. Not with stock exhaust or slip-ons though. I love the way mine runs with full boost.
Steve-o

I am sure this subject has been beat with a stick but I am the new guy. Looking at my bike closely and the V Boost is removed and has tubes in place of it.

Is this a detriment to bottom end or will is cause it to run a little lazy on the bottom end (return to idle rpm and such)? My carbs need rebuilt in a bad way - where is a good source for parts?

Thanks guys!!

Sounds like the full treatment Dynojet Stage 7 modification. I have the DJ Stage 7 but run VBoost, as-said, easier to synch. It doesn't have as hard a hit as stock when it comes on, but that's because there subjectively is more there to begin with, no strip times or dyno runs to quantify that. :confused2: I have a UFO 4/1 w/jetting set-up w/the DJ Stage 7 by my local shop, Under Pressure, Dania Beach FL, where Steve, the owner, knows and works-on VMaxes from stock to $$$$ modded.

Do a search on Stage 7 or Dynojet and have many evenings of entertainment reading posts! Stock carbs/exhaust are fine, but I like the fun-factor of the modded ride. Anytime you can make a Harley guy hold his ears and wince in-pain, you know your bike is loud! :rofl_200:

Anytime you can make a Harley guy hold his ears and wince in-pain, you know your bike is loud! :rofl_200:
And the UFO 4-1 will definitely do that. :punk:

I've even had a lot of Harley guys ask me at stop lights: "What the Hell is that thing, it sounds like a Stock Car" and I only have Supertrapp Slip-ons (with the Open End caps).
And the UFO 4-1 make mine seem quiet. :biglaugh:

And the UFO 4-1 will definitely do that. :punk:

I've even had a lot of Harley guys ask me at stop lights: "What the Hell is that thing, it sounds like a Stock Car" and I only have Supertrapp Slip-ons (with the Open End caps).
And the UFO 4-1 make mine seem quiet. :biglaugh:

The Kerker has a great sound of its own, but the UFO 4/1 sounds more-raw and nasty. I have both but use the UFO to keep centerstand compatibility, though you have to fit it to use it, then remove it.

Mine has the 4-2-1 with a 2.5 outlet and a UFO slip on...sounds like a car..a loud car....

And it has individual K&N's. I do have a local guy that know these that is going to go thru the carbs and clean them up and sync them.

Just my opinion, but with a good full exhaust you can run fine without it. The only use I have for the v-boost is to ease the sync process. When I get a Weber sync tool I might take it off. You can tune it to run and idle fine. Not with stock exhaust or slip-ons though. I love the way mine runs with full boost.
Steve-o
Mine has the full stage 7, with boost removed. Has stock, drilled exhaust. I just tuned it with my new webber carb synch tool. It idles very well, and has a pretty good snap throughout the rpm range. I even picked up about 60 kilometers to a tank of fuel.

Mine has the full stage 7, with boost removed. Has stock, drilled exhaust. I just tuned it with my new webber carb synch tool. It idles very well, and has a pretty good snap throughout the rpm range. I even picked up about 60 kilometers to a tank of fuel.

Be very interesting to see. That's serious good tuning, I believe the 85 had larger exhaust pipes than the rest of the Gen 1's. But to get
a stage 7 full system working well with stock exhaust. My hat is off to you.
punk0000.gif

Steve-o

Dropped the carbs off today but it sounds like it wont be done for a extra week as he has access to the ultrasonic cleaner on Mondays and Monday is his birthday...oh well, worth waiting!!

Back