V8 project bike

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodsman30

Reaction score
Been thinking of making a V-8 bike for sometime now any thoughts on this??
I think if I do I will make a stroker motor for it just have to worry about the gearing and drive :ummm:

Lets hear some thoughts:punk:

Should be heavy but draw a big crowd! We could get you a V4 Small block make probably but I know it would not be cheap. Would be super cool though!

Sean

Should be heavy but draw a big crowd! We could get you a V4 Small block make probably but I know it would not be cheap. Would be super cool though!

Sean

Do tell I have heard of these are they available for sale??

Or you could get a Boss Hoss :D
Awesome project idea tho. I am with you on that one. Always more fun building yourself!
What kind of tranny would fit into a bike anyway? I have heard the trannies running on the Boss Hoss are a weak link so to speak

That run reminded me of the ones our origional "Michigan Madman" Mr EF Potter pulled off in the 60s..................

Our machinist makes these and over the years has made 49 of them I think. not sure what he would charge to make another one. He is actually making a bike with one right now. I think he's doing the mild engine build which is 300 hp or so.

Check out the t-bucket with the supercharged version making 500hp. He also makes a race version somewhere in the 700's in hp!

I posted a picture recently of it but can't remember which thread.

Sean

Not counting the trans the weight of the wilson v4 is 200lbs. Lighter then our Vmax engines by a good margin. BUT, the trans will be heavy so it will add that back in and a little more.

Sean

How about a small block chevy. Heres a fellow that home built one. The Detroit mad man.

Attachments

• detroitmadman.jpg
    detroitmadman.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 43
I don't know if I could get my body around all that side by side VMax Power.
Be a bit like sitting on top of a Rhino and probably harder to control..:rofl_200:

Not counting the trans the weight of the wilson v4 is 200lbs. Lighter then our Vmax engines by a good margin. BUT, the trans will be heavy so it will add that back in and a little more.

Sean

The trans is the question for me not sure what type of set up I want ...simple is better but it has to be street-able.:punk:

Wilson is using a 5 Speed Harley trans (aftermarket - not baker but can't remember the brand).

Sean

There used to be a side mounted V8 bike up here. It was a Chev 383 that transfered its power through a baker 5 sp.

However, I think the Kannon is a nice V8 ride :clapping:

Attachments

• steve_taylors_kannon.jpg
    steve_taylors_kannon.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 24
  • kimi.jpg
    kimi.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 29
  • kimitammy.jpg
    kimitammy.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 28

Latest posts