Venison for lunch?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radley

Reaction score
Hey guys, this JUST HAPPENED, less than an hour ago. Good thing my bike is laid up....

I was headed to my apt for lunch, listening to the radio, window down, cruising 30mph when out of my left peripheral I saw this deer racing toward me at 90 degrees. It all happened so fast. Scary as hell.

I braked hard and next thing I know, I have side mirror bits shattered and spilling all over me. I come to a stop and she managed to get on top of my car before falling over onto the ground on the other side. She laid there for a several seconds before getting up and running through the trees.

This area has a deer density large enough to justify the annual city hunt....but at 12:15 pm? She was inches from ending up in the car with me. I could have been killed. The door still works but it is pinching the front quarter panel a little bit. Same thing happened to me in another vehicle 10+ yrs ago, passenger side.

Pics included, enjoy.

Attachments

• IMG_4515.jpg
    IMG_4515.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_4514.jpg
    IMG_4514.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4513.jpg
    IMG_4513.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4512.jpg
    IMG_4512.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 34
That Sucks but like you said just be glad you weren't on your Vmax, it could have been much worse.

Wow. Glad you escaped unharmed. That'l buff out. :)

(btw, deer meat IS gamey, I don't care how ya cook it.) :puke:

ymmv

This sucks, but if you'd been on your Vmax, wouldn't you have been solidly PAST that point in the street BEFORE that deer ever decided to cross it? Vmax = faster than the avg car?

A little wax & elbow grease, and that door will be good as new. lol

So glad it was no worse than it was.I ran over a turtle on my bike damn what a ride that was.My sister made turtle for dinner later that same year.Told me it was roast beef.It was ok.Not gonna fall for that again.Just glad youre Ok.

So glad it was no worse than it was.I ran over a turtle on my bike damn what a ride that was.My sister made turtle for dinner later that same year.Told me it was roast beef.It was ok.Not gonna fall for that again.Just glad youre Ok.

Yeah thanks. It was frickin' scary as hell having this big wild animal coming straight at me damn near through my open window! OMG!

I got a giant mule deer with my Marquis and wife got a white tail with her park ave. No injuries which is the important thing, cept maybe for the deer.

Ever notice how deer are beautiful wildlife but when they step onto the pavement they become hooved rats? Glad your okay.

One of my friends in Central Texas who built supercharged Harleys was installing a magneto bigger than I'd ever seen before like a dual point distributor and all it would do was backfire. I said I think you have the wires backwards. He switched them and when he kicked it it roared to life idled like a beast. He says that was the first time it had ever started. "take it for a spin" he says and staring at the $12,000 custom built thing of beauty I couldn't do it.
I had a 1986 Suzuki gsxr 750 at the time and noticed a magnet on his fridge in the garage where we were-It said "Friend don't let Friends ride Rice Burners".
I said do you believe in that and he said no not really just thought it was cute.
I said then take that Suzuki out for a spin-he did- s!@# eating grin when he came back and said "I can see why guys ride these things now man that was the easiest to ride and fastest motorcycle I've ever been on."
2 weeks later he hit deer on his Harley at 1:00 in the morning and wasn't found until 6:00 that morning. Sad to say that neither made it.
RIP Buzzy.

Glad you are ok ! Damn wood rats are dangerous. I had one do almost $ 5,000 worth of damage to my wing before Christmas last year & another one of the kamikaze things came close to me in the driveway last week.

One of my friends in Central Texas who built supercharged Harleys was installing a magneto bigger than I'd ever seen before like a dual point distributor and all it would do was backfire. I said I think you have the wires backwards. He switched them and when he kicked it it roared to life idled like a beast. He says that was the first time it had ever started. "take it for a spin" he says and staring at the $12,000 custom built thing of beauty I couldn't do it.
I had a 1986 Suzuki gsxr 750 at the time and noticed a magnet on his fridge in the garage where we were-It said "Friend don't let Friends ride Rice Burners".
I said do you believe in that and he said no not really just thought it was cute.
I said then take that Suzuki out for a spin-he did- s!@# eating grin when he came back and said "I can see why guys ride these things now man that was the easiest to ride and fastest motorcycle I've ever been on."
2 weeks later he hit deer on his Harley at 1:00 in the morning and wasn't found until 6:00 that morning. Sad to say that neither made it.
RIP Buzzy.

Thats fucked up, sorry it had to be like that. It never gets easier loosing friends like this.

My brother hit a deer on I-5 near Kelso, WA about 4 years ago, in my dad's '71 Duster with a 440 swapped in for the original slant six. He hit it the deer right in front of the drivers seat. The Duster has a flat grill, bowed it in pretty good. 40+ year old plastic grills aren't cheap or easy to locate.

Good thing he wasn't driving his car, a '91 MR2 turbo that has a very low sloped hood. That deer would have gone through the windshield.

I watched an early 90's Supra smoke one years ago on my way to work at Whirlpool in Clyde, OH. Hit it head on, slid up and over the car and got back up and hobbled into the ditch. I still have no idea how the hell that deer gotback up after that... the guy in the Supra kept right on going for another mile till he could pull into a Super K and park. The front end was pretty banged up and the windshield was smashed.

When I got mine with the Marquis I was moving right along a rural backway at around 75-80 and smacked him cold. It herked him through the air, I could see him in the headlight (singular thanks to him) twisting and turning before he came back down to earth several yards later. Funny thing is I felt bad for him, especially that it was to dark and no place to stop and end his suffering. I was going to fast in the pitch dark wanting to get home after a 90 hour week, it was my own fault. When I got just on the other side of Pine Ridge 30 miles later I was able to stop and see the damage, shocked it wasnt much worse after that impact. I was able to pull out the bodywork some and wiggle another headlamp into the pass side. If I ever had to buy another American made car it would definitely be another one of these tankish motherfuckers.

Attachments

• marquis.jpg
    marquis.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 18
So I got this apple tree in my front yard. Producing some good apples, a couple dropping every day, kinda wormy though, but plenty of good ones in there, not bad for a snack just outside my front door.

Anyways my neighbor said he saw a deer goin at it the other night, so I set up my trail cam to get some pics at night...sure enough, got a decent sized doe feeding at the tree at night! The cam works though, it was my first trial run with a trail cam. Had some apples out there last night, repositioned the cam so it picks up less traffic passing by, and all apples gone again... gotta check cam for night 2, but looks promising..decent sized doe tracks in the grass, rained a lot yesterday so I should have some more pics! I'll post em up on this thread tonight... thought I'd share... kinda cool!

I missed the weekend of proficiency testing for the city bow hunt in the woods I live by... I think I was putting in that PS rack in the car and just didnt make it a priority, so someone may be feeding off the Sweet-Apple-Doe...

I hit 3 so far. All with my s10. Once on a major highway just outside shitcago (the start of 88 just off 290 wb at the 294 overpass), rolling 85... There were 2 together. First one got it dead center. Second bounced off the bed and ran off. First one wrapped around one of the vertical steel I beams for the guardrail tightly. Antifreeze and 134a spraying all over, at 4 am, going home from work.

So I got this apple tree in my front yard. Producing some good apples, a couple dropping every day, kinda wormy though, but plenty of good ones in there, not bad for a snack just outside my front door.

Anyways my neighbor said he saw a deer goin at it the other night, so I set up my trail cam to get some pics at night...sure enough, got a decent sized doe feeding at the tree at night! The cam works though, it was my first trial run with a trail cam. Had some apples out there last night, repositioned the cam so it picks up less traffic passing by, and all apples gone again... gotta check cam for night 2, but looks promising..decent sized doe tracks in the grass, rained a lot yesterday so I should have some more pics! I'll post em up on this thread tonight... thought I'd share... kinda cool!

I missed the weekend of proficiency testing for the city bow hunt in the woods I live by... I think I was putting in that PS rack in the car and just didnt make it a priority, so someone may be feeding off the Sweet-Apple-Doe...
Here she is...

Attachments

• HUNT0027.jpg
    HUNT0027.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 7
  • HUNT0014.jpg
    HUNT0014.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 8
  • HUNT0031.jpg
    HUNT0031.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 8

Latest posts