Venture Rear End - Actual GPS Verified Speed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m-cman

Alien Abductee
Reaction score
Finally got around to checking my speed and rpm with my Venture rear end installed. My speedo was off more than stock as I have a 110/80 radial front tire instead of the stock 110/90 (110/80 having a slightly smaller circumference). At a GPS verified 70 mph, the tach was at 4000 rpm. About 17.5 mph per 1000 rpm. My speedo said 75 so was 5 mph fast at 70. Don't know what speed would display with a stock front tire. Should be less than 75 though.

I also have a 170/60-18 rear tire so my data may not be comparable with a stock setup. Don't know the difference in circumference between my tire and stock which could affect the speed.

Has anyone checked the stock setup with a GPS to get the speed per 1000 rpm or rpm at an actual 70 mph?

Finally got around to checking my speed and rpm with my Venture rear end installed. My speedo was off more than stock as I have a 110/80 radial front tire instead of the stock 110/90 (110/80 having a slightly smaller circumference). At a GPS verified 70 mph, the tach was at 4000 rpm. About 17.5 mph per 1000 rpm. My speedo said 75 so was 5 mph fast at 70. Don't know what speed would display with a stock front tire. Should be less than 75 though.

I also have a 170/60-18 rear tire so my data may not be comparable with a stock setup. Don't know the difference in circumference between my tire and stock which could affect the speed.

Has anyone checked the stock setup with a GPS to get the speed per 1000 rpm or rpm at an actual 70 mph?

should be able to calculate it with

Primary drive ratio
5th gear ratio
Rear end ratio
Circumference of rear tire

Back