VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rofl_200::rofl_200:

Last edited:
F* David Rabbitburrough... that Randall knows whats going on.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a shit. True story! :biglaugh:

So, I finally put together a video of my VMax. It is just a simple rundown from a novice point of view about my ride. Some tips and suggestions are welcome. PM me if you have any suggestions on an order I should be doing some of the work to it it would be greatly appreciated. Needs 2nd gear worked and would like to go with a larger rear wheel/tire.. What is the "Washer Swap"? etc. Anyhow, I am making plans on keeping this on the road for a while to come.. hoping to make it my last bike.. hoping it makes it to the end with me. Ride Hard..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGZMYMch0yU

Welcome to the forum. Video was " not available " . Have patience ( if you can ) , and all will be revealed in due time. 2nd gear works at this time , or can you skip over it in order to ride ? It's not cheap or an easy fix. :punk:

Fixing 2nd gear requires pulling the motor and splitting the case. It's about as "involved" a repair as possible on the bike. If it only pops out on hard power now, in time it'll get worse and pop out with less and less torque and the dogs wear even more. If you're patient, methodical, and want to learn a ton about how a bike's engine works, could be a winter project. The parts aren't terribly expensive, the cost of having it done at a shop comes from all the labor involved. I've heard of people pulling their engine, then sticking it in a box and UPSing it to Sean(one2dmax), aka the official vmax guru. While you're in there, he can give you a true OD fifth, or an undercut gearset.

The "washer swap" is to give slightly more clearance for fatter tires. "Most" people don't seem to need this, I fit a 170 Metzeler in with no problems and a lot of other people have too. It's also not a great idea, since it shifts the wheel over a bit it increases the load on the bearings beyond what they were designed for.

Back