Vintage bike pics

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedi-

Reaction score
Don't know about you guys but I like all things with 2 wheels, this website has some great historic pictures, videos, wartime bikes, sounds , forum and so on. http://www.vintagebike.co.uk/

Eg. How cool would it have been turning up to the local on something like this..

Attachments

• Indian-36.jpg
    Indian-36.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 45
Hmmm seems to me you have been on the KB site . Hows the holiday going , Bored yet or maybe missing ya bikes ..... :ummm:

I'm back, did miss the bikes and been riding since we got home.
Fitted T boost and I like it. :punk:

Here's my grandpa's old BSA Rocket 3. It was an 1175 stroker and ran high 9's low 10's back in the day. My grandpa was good friends with Jack wilson of Big D triumph and helped with the development of a lot of the technology used in the Triumph and BSA back then. THe bike weighs a hair under 300 lbs.

BSA1.jpg

BSA2.jpg

BSA3.jpg

BSA4.jpg

Here's my grandpa's old BSA Rocket 3. It was an 1175 stroker and ran high 9's low 10's back in the day. My grandpa was good friends with Jack wilson of Big D triumph and helped with the development of a lot of the technology used in the Triumph and BSA back then. THe bike weighs a hair under 300 lbs.

Very nice... You've got drag racing in your blood : ) Grandpa looks to be old school biker :thumbs up: Does he still have it?

while 77 isn't exactly vintage, here's an RD400 I built and consequently seized.

:)

285117944_5e48b3b58e_o.jpg

Thats a nice ride...my first street bike was a 76 RD400 that my dad got me for my 16th b-day, wish I had never sold it!

Nice , im very fond of the Triumph . Would buy 1 over a Harley any day .
I dont know if you like customs, but here is my 70 bonne hardtail.

Attachments

• buxbonne1.jpg
    buxbonne1.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 29
That was my dad sitting on it. We just got it back last year. My grandpa sold it back in the early 80's and the guy that bought it from him blew it up and it sat in his shop. We're working on getting it going, but money is tight these days. Plus my dad has an 09 zx14 that he's trying to get into the 8's with lol. He went 9.16 on it on not that great 60's last year. now that he finally got a good pipe and map and is pulling low 1.4's he should get his 8 this year and hopefully start working on the bsa instead lol. He said that back in the day when he was 118 lbs riding an 1197E the bsa with my grandpa who weighed 175 lbs used to beat him by half the track with my grandpa turned around backwards waving at him lol. Jack wilson used to call them the "East Texas Mafia".

Latest posts

Back