VMax Journey Continues....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everybody is fired!!! j/k:biglaugh:

Jeff,

If she aint done no biggie. Next weekend or even during the week next week works out fine as well...Let me know and thanks again to ALL of you!

Abe

I got the stator cover cleaned, sprayed, and installed yesterday. I'm going through Abes old wiring and double checking as much of the wires as possible. All I need to do it put the wiring back in tidy things up a bit and then it is time for a test ride. Abe, if this doesn't fix it, I'm going to assemble it completely and throw the bike in my back garage.... and then light the whole damn thing on fire!!!!!

I'll keep you posted.

and HAPPY EASTER everyone!!!!!

I got the stator cover cleaned, sprayed, and installed yesterday. I'm going through Abes old wiring and double checking as much of the wires as possible. All I need to do it put the wiring back in tidy things up a bit and then it is time for a test ride. Abe, if this doesn't fix it, I'm going to assemble it completely and throw the bike in my back garage.... and then light the whole damn thing on fire!!!!!

I'll keep you posted.

and HAPPY EASTER everyone!!!!!

Light her up! I just added extra insurance to the bike because of the nitrous. If I could get 10K I would almost break even...:bang head:

:bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head:.... I think you know what this means....

Fucking thing still stumbles a little!

It is charging 14.1 volts so that is a good thing. After I got the harness put back on and everything connected, I cycled the V-boost a few times and it still had the irratic motor noise, like it wasn't getting the proper voltage. I've got a few more things I want to play with, but I don't know what to do.
The miss/stumble isn't too bad, but it is there. It will climb through it fairly quickly, but and is more annoying than anything. Abe, I'm probably going to have you come down and test ride it to see what you think. It isn't bucking, but it isn't 100% either. Feel free to give me a call later if you have time, our Easter festivities are over for the day so I'll be in the garage.

Sorry,

Jeff

:bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head:.... I think you know what this means....

Fucking thing still stumbles a little!

It is charging 14.1 volts so that is a good thing. After i got the harness put back on and everything connected, i cycled the v-boost a few times and it still had the irratic motor noise, like it wasn't getting the proper voltage. I've got a few more things i want to play with, but i don't know what to do.
The miss/stumble isn't too bad, but it is there. It will climb through it fairly quickly, but and is more annoying than anything. Abe, i'm probably going to have you come down and test ride it to see what you think. It isn't bucking, but it isn't 100% either. Feel free to give me a call later if you have time, our easter festivities are over for the day so i'll be in the garage.

Sorry,

jeff

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Where's it stumbling Jeff? Mine does it a little sometimes after the 7000 mark but such a little bit and only when slowly running up through it that I left it alone. It's a jetting issue on mine.

Chris

Where's it stumbling Jeff? Mine does it a little sometimes after the 7000 mark but such a little bit and only when slowly running up through it that I left it alone. It's a jetting issue on mine.

Chris

He told me from 4500-6000 rpms. Fucking lemon!

i can't remember if you guys tried this, but did you run it with Vboost non-operational? like all open all the time or all closed? if so what was the outcome?

i can't remember if you guys tried this, but did you run it with Vboost non-operational? like all open all the time or all closed? if so what was the outcome?

We tried this several times already...I talked to jeff yesterday and he told me there is a huge spot of lemon juice under my motor. Now everything is beginning to make sense!

We tried this several times already...I talked to jeff yesterday and he told me there is a huge spot of lemon juice under my motor. Now everything is beginning to make sense!

was there the same studder with both the vboost always open or closed?

Same either way. Jeff is thinking there is something going in the ignition at this point.

makes sense to me... sorry if i made ya repeat yourself.... i've been following this religiously and just would love to see it fixed....

can ya just replace all ignition related shit?

makes sense to me... sorry if i made ya repeat yourself.... i've been following this religiously and just would love to see it fixed....

can ya just replace all ignition related shit?

At this point I told Jeff cost is not an issue. I got over 7K invested in this bike at this point!

Morley has been nice enought to hook up some these parts.

Praise the lord for this board!

No matter what I am going to pick my bike up this sunday!

I appreciate all the hard work on this bike and even though things are not perfect on the bike I am still completly happy!

Jeff, you are a stand-up guy and I will never know how to repay you!

I also wanted to thank Morley for his help.

You guys both deserve a big pat on the back!

See you sunday Jeff and thanks again!

No matter what I am going to pick my bike up this sunday!

I appreciate all the hard work on this bike and even though things are not perfect on the bike I am still completly happy!

Jeff, you are a stand-up guy and I will never know how to repay you!

I also wanted to thank Morley for his help.

You guys both deserve a big pat on the back!

See you sunday Jeff and thanks again!

you could use the old school method... get a rubber mallet, smack it in every moving part.. then hope for the best.. haha

It is supposed to rain sunday so I am on my way now to get the bike from Jeff.

The journey continues!:biglaugh:

I picked the bike up yesterday afternoon from Jeff. It started right up and looked great (new engine paint, new brakes, drag bars, nitrous etc etc).

Jeff led me and my friend out to a side road with plenty of room to romp and I ran the bike through the gears and just as Jeff mentioned I did notice a small flat spot from 4-6K. BUT IT WAS NOTHING LIKE THE BIKE USED TO BE!

In my opinion the bike is MUCH MUCH better and I can ride around the miss rather easily.

It seems like the miss is most apparent when lugging the motor and then flooring it through the 4-6K rpm range...it can get pretty bad when you do it that way.

Jeff also explained to me how to hit the nitrous and that was a blast as well! The rpm gauge seems to sweep faster than the speedo when the nitrous hits!

Overall I am extremly impressed with the bike. It is not missing nowhere near as bad as it used to and even though it still has a problem I am satisfied.

My next step is to get the bike on a dyno. Maybe that will lead us into the right direction???

But first I need to refill my nitrous tank!:eusa_dance:

I want to express my extreme gratitude towar Jeff. He is a stand up guy who deserves a giant pat on the back! His workis excellent and he is a true gearhead!

Thank you so much for all the work you did Jeff! You rock! I will somehow someway repay you one day! If I hit the lotto I will give you a cut!:clapping:

I also wanted to thank Morley for his help and of course the rest of the board for not giving up on me.

As for now it is time to enjoy this animal!

Back