VMAX or Venture ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its late but I'm posting the pics anyway. Maybe there are some late niters or early morning risers that can decipher what I have. No signs of a groove line on any of the gears.

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg1.jpg
    securedownload.jpg1.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 20
  • securedownload.jpg2.jpg
    securedownload.jpg2.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 15
  • securedownload.jpg3.jpg
    securedownload.jpg3.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 17
  • securedownload.jpg4.jpg
    securedownload.jpg4.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 17
note the teeth on the gear 2nd from the left on top. That is second gear. For sure a venture trans. Might have been installed to save money. Now get pics of the oil pump

Ok, pics of the oil pump and the connecting rods. Got my fingers crossed that its just the transmission that I have to deal with. I'll post pics of the cams just as soon as I get the covers off. Thanks again to everyone involved in helping to identify this thing.

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg5.jpg
    securedownload.jpg5.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 12
  • securedownload.jpg6.jpg
    securedownload.jpg6.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 14
  • securedownload.jpg7.jpg
    securedownload.jpg7.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 15
  • securedownload.jpg8.jpg
    securedownload.jpg8.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 15
  • securedownload.jpg9.jpg
    securedownload.jpg9.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 15
Camshaft pics.

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg10.jpg
    securedownload.jpg10.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 15
  • securedownload.jpg11.jpg
    securedownload.jpg11.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 13
  • securedownload.jpg12.jpg
    securedownload.jpg12.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 14
  • securedownload.jpg14.jpg
    securedownload.jpg14.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 14
:rofl_200:This is sort of a half breed thing or a man trapped inside a womans body.I'll try to check the pistons. Thanks

Odds are spun a bearing and got a venture 1200 core. Swapped over the heads/cams and misc and painted it up. Will run decent but will not make quite as much power since the compression is less.

Can't really tell if the pistons are domed or not, they appear like they might be from the bottom but not sure. Found numbers on the rods (26h005) but I don't know if they mean anything. I guess I could live with it as is. I do have a question about transplanting a newer model engine. I found a 02 engine which had a front end accident and a 92 which was rear ended. Was thinking about the 02 because of not knowing about the 92s internals from the impact to the drive shaft. Will the 02 work or is there more to it than what I'm thinking.

Yes, swap over the flywheel and pickup coil (in the stator cover) from your old engine and you're in business. You will also need the front crossover brace from that 2002 frame to clear the spin on filter.

We have used engines available but you probably don't need it in the long run. What's actually the reason you have that engine apart anyway?

If you want to spend some money I even have a couple of big bores around here we can set you up with.

It had the second gear issue, other than that it runs and rides great. What is your pricing on used and big bores?. I live in calif so freight would be an issue also. Thanks

Shoot me an email at [email protected]

Big bores are not cheap. I've got a 1428 and 1500 longrod chaindrives here. Both make a LOT more power but also looking at $6500 and up. The regular build cost is a lot more then that though. I do actually have a Turbo setup we just got in we are going to be selling too.

Sean

Back