Vmax owners age?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
24 here. I just got my V-Max about 1 month ago. It was my dad's and he got it brand new in 93. He only put 14K miles on it.
He passed a little over a month ago and i got it. I knew how much he loved his V-Max and he wouldn't get rid of it for the world.
I fixed it up (after $3k later) and am planing on never getting rid of this bike EVER.
Last year i clocked 11,546 miles on my ninja.
I love my bikes!

42 here. 18 year old son, married, divorced, and have been with the current girlfriend for the past 10 years. bought my first max from my best friends father in 88 (it was an 85 he had bought when they first came out)! i layed it down a few years later and sold it, but heard rumors its still being ridden here in vt! it has since been replaced with a bunch of machines-four of which we still own and 2 of those are max's. the ole lady will be riding the 89 this comming spring. her 800 marauder is due to be retired as she has already outgrown it. thinking about selling the aprilia also for the new max-i'm almost too old for this one anyway.

later odieoh24

Attachments

• 178.jpg
    178.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 31
ya mark, the cycleoneoff setup i had on the bike last summer were a little too low for the way i ride-i was scraping the front headers pretty hard in the corners. so i got a set of otec triples and put an 05 R1 setup on there with the radial mount calipers. i also found a way to use the older style front wheel with the newer brake setup-so i could keep everything looking the same. the cycleoneoff setup was an 03. then i put the isr radial racing clutch and brake masters on there and i can keep up with pretty much all the sportbikes through the twisties here now. the ohlins rear shocks are also a new addition and are the shit next install is sean's jet kit and the hmf setup i got from nymax.

regards odieoh24

Attachments

• 039.jpg
    039.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 19
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 11
24 here. I just got my V-Max about 1 month ago. It was my dad's and he got it brand new in 93. He only put 14K miles on it.
He passed a little over a month ago and i got it. I knew how much he loved his V-Max and he wouldn't get rid of it for the world.
I fixed it up (after $3k later) and am planing on never getting rid of this bike EVER.
Last year i clocked 11,546 miles on my ninja.
I love my bikes!

Hey, I like your story..

I'm sorry to hear your Dad passed when you were such a young age, I lost mine to an accident when I was only 21 so I know as you do that it can really suck on a lot of levels due to "unfinished business" between a father and son.....

Any way

Don't ever, ever, ever sell that bike..it'll come to mean even more to you over the years....Trust me

Rusty McNeil

I'm 23 and I have had my Max for about 2 years now.

I lay down 10-15k miles a year, and have ridden bikes since 16. My last bike was a GS550 hardtail chop

......and as I am too lazy to read every post.......

Do I win the youngest owner title?:confused2:

I fell in love with Max when I first rode one. I was 21.

Had to wait till I was 42 to be able to get one!

Got my '86 just a couple of months ago :)

Any one figured out who is the oldest on this forum yet? I will be 65 in January. Who is older???? :ummm:

53, been riding since I was 16, but got my first Vmax (keeps my Magna company) just this year.
The wealth of knowledge on this forum has helped me turn a '92 with gummed up carbs into a smooth running beast that never fails to bring a smile to my face!
Thanks!

FROM THE SHOULDER'S UP I'M 55 , FROM MY SHOULDER'S DOWN TO MY WAIST I'M 45 & FROM MY WAIST DOWN I'M 17 ! IF YOU MEAN OVERALL , I'M 45. :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

43 goin' on 18 ' .. been watchin' the MAX [since the early 80's in it's consception back in high school] . Got my 94' model last year, didn't realize it was hot rodded, I just knew it ran like a beeaachh!!! ...ANYONE GOT TIRERS ???:clapping::punk::biglaugh:

Age 37. Not married (yet!) Wanted one since '85, finally got my mine new on November 17, 2007. Had 1 mile on the clock when I got it, has 9,528 miles on it today! :punk:

I'll be 46 in November, been riding since 12.
Mostly motocrossers Vmax is my 1st big street
bike, YIPEEE !!! :banana:

Back