Vmax recalled for being too fast?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah... I'm glad my '85 has 99cc more power and no recalls :punk:

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Low mileage 1985 amethyst in color. Someone had better go deal with the guy, as that one is a collector item for sure.

I don't remember Yamaha recalling anything, but I do remember many, many people recalling how the mighty Vmax is very fast when in conversations after seeing one in action. :biglaugh:

Tools-r-us!! :rofl_200: Got a nice shiny gas tank but looks a bit low on rear brake fluid!

Guess the '85 embossed side covers got lost in the divorce! :biglaugh::eusa_dance::biglaugh:

I can't count the number of times I've heard crazy stories of someones brother,cousin, friend etc who had one back in the day, I just smile and nod..................:biglaugh:....................Tom.

....."they (not sure who THEY are :confused2:) took all them and locked 'em in a barn cause too many people were getting killed!"

You don't say! :surprise:

....."they (not sure who THEY are :confused2:) took all them and locked 'em in a barn cause too many people were getting killed!"

You don't say! :surprise:

Sounds similar to hand guns lol. Guns just pop and kill people.

Also, unfortunately my offer of $6,000 was recalled and reduced to $4,500 for the fact of the initialy offer being to over priced HAHA

Also, unfortunately my offer of $6,000 was recalled and reduced to $4,500 for the fact of the initialy offer being to over priced HAHA

You're still pretty generous at 4500 I would have recalled at least 3K and possibly 3500. Who wants to own a killer bike? Meaning a bike that has killed lol. NOBODY!

You're still pretty generous at 4500 I would have recalled at least 3K and possibly 3500. Who wants to own a killer bike? Meaning a bike that has killed lol. NOBODY!

I based my $4,500 on the bike being worth $3,500-$4,000 but a premium for an '85 assuming the engine and frame numbers match. Could prove to be a good investment. If I sold my other bike already, I would take a ride over and take a peek. only 2-3 hours from me.

I based my $4,500 on the bike being worth $3,500-$4,000 but a premium for an '85 assuming the engine and frame numbers match. Could prove to be a good investment. If I sold my other bike already, I would take a ride over and take a peek. only 2-3 hours from me.

Really, I saw a 85 with 1200 actual miles the other day in PA that they were asking 4700 which I thought was a little high but I guess not.

Really, I saw a 85 with 1200 actual miles the other day in PA that they were asking 4700 which I thought was a little high but I guess not.

That 85 also probably has some MAJOR issues if only 1,200 miles were put on it in the last almost 30 years. Major seizing would be a concern for me on that one.

Ever 23K or w/e this one is listed at is low for an 85 but if it runs pretty well I'd give $4K for it in hopes that turns into 8K+ 10-20 down the road

Latest posts

Back