Vmax vs. deer

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bike is in good shape. Broken headlight(cybermax), broke both scoops, bent shifter, mangled left crash bar, mangled left pass. foot peg, left grip and clutch lever chewed up, handlbars slightly bent, front fender cracked, front rim possably bent.

I don't remember the accident. I don't even remember seeing a deer. The police say there were no skid marks. I hit the deer dead center in the guts, tore it apart. I appears I was thrown from the bike and landed on my head. The bike obviously went down on its left side and skidded a little ways. Part of the deer came around the right side of the bike and cracked the right scoop. The bike and my clothes are covered with deer blood and shit.

damm...I am glad you made it through it. How fast were you going at the time? Do you ride with a open or full face helmet. Like I said glad you made it .

Normally I wear a full face helmet , but this time I wasn't wearing one at all.:bang head:

Glad to hear you made it..damn..landing on your head..any more details to how it happened so some of us can learn from this..and would you have done anything differently?

BTW love that movie

I would have worn a helmet.

Glad you weren't injured any worse than you were. My thoughts and prayers go out to for a speedy recovery.

So glad your here to let us know how your doing. Speedy recovery.
Keep us posted on the parts needed to get the Max back up and on the road.

I've contacted some ,..well lets just call them associates down in that neck of the woods.
This deer was apparently unaware of whom he was messing with.
Your unfortunate incident will be followed with swift action and all his like minded deer associates will be dealt with directly.

WOW!!!!

Glad you are not any worse off than you are.....

This is my biggest fear ......

Heal up fast!
Damn no helmet at 50 mph and you lived to talk about it. Someone was watching out for you.

No kidding, No helmet..wow, you sir are very lucky to be alive.
I am glad you are still with us. Heal up fast, Fix up the bike, eat some venison steaks when the jaw heals up..

Yeah, very lucky, but I gotta start taking it easy because I'm running out of lives. Had been planning a bunch of changes for the max, and coincidentally most everything that got damaged in the wreck was stuff the was going to get changed anyway.

BTW, I'm not normally one to badmouth products/companies, but DO NOT buy the cybermax headlight. I have seen nightlights that were brighter, seriously. I had been planning buying a different headlight and really wish I had earlier. Don't take me wrong I don't blame my headlight for my wreck, but it was probably a contributer. So, do yourselves a favor, don't accept form over function.

BTW, I'm not normally one to badmouth products/companies, but DO NOT buy the cybermax headlight. I have seen nightlights that were brighter, seriously. I had been planning buying a different headlight and really wish I had earlier. Don't take me wrong I don't blame my headlight for my wreck, but it was probably a contributer. So, do yourselves a favor, don't accept form over function.

My thoughts are that you're not bad mouthing the product as much as you are saving someone else from making the same mistake you did. Trust me I post up right away when I have an issue. err... UFO sucks... :biglaugh:

I CAN NOT believe you made it out alive without a helmet... Truly amazing IMO.:punk:

My buddy gives me shit for ALWAYS (no matter the temp) wearing full gear. He once told me that it looks like I am planning on crashing... My comment back was... "I am!" ALWAYS dress like you're going to crash. If you wait to put on your gear till after the crash it won't serve any purpose other than to clothe you.

Sorry I'm not ranting to you... Just trying to help people realize that there's a reason for the gear and it's NOT to just block the bugs... lol

Glad you're relatively OK.:punk:

Holy crap I only thought my skull was that thick ! Glad to hear
things are well. I never apolagize for wearing my gear. I laid
my bike down about a week ago . Had my gear on and didn't
even notice I had landed on my elbow with the bike on me.
CE armor works !!
Get well quick

Dang. Sorry to hear that. Broken jaw? That has to hurt. Dunno about you but my bruised brain doesn't hurt much. (Husband abuse) Hope you got the deer processed. After your jaw heals, EAT HIM! He hit your Max! Get well soon! Mark
PS: If they give ya any extra pain killers...:banana:

Hey Bro I hope you are felling good and getting better. We need to get you the purple heart award :eusa_dance:
Cheers
As far as the road rash goes go buy some tegaderm and a lot of it.
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/...E3E02LECFTDQG2O7_nid=68PJD89K9VbeB385P3RT67gl

Dont worry about all the other types they have, just the universal is the best. Trust me on this bro, I was an amateur Mtn Bike racer and have had plenty of encounters with road rash. Do not use any ointments underneath it, even the triple antibiotic stuff. It will keep the rash moist, keep it from scabbing, keep it from scarring and more importantly it will keep it from getting infected. Road rash is pretty much like a burn. It is one of the easiest ways for infection to enter the body.

After a few days you will see some really icky discharge coming from the wounds. That is OK, I promise. Just replace the bandage every few days and clean up the excess drainage daily. The easiest way I found to do this is to pull up one corner of the dressing and push the excess drainage to the corner then wipe it up. Also use an ace bandage, loosely over the dressings to keep them from catching on stuff. They stick pretty well.
If you have ever had an IV it is the same stuff they use over the needle to keep it in place and seal it off.

Do your best to maintain a sterile envirnoment when you do this. Wash your hands really well and clean the surronding area with alcohol, rubbing alcohol :biglaugh:, prior to removing the bandage. Do your best to wash the area, without reopening, let it air dry, Do Not Blow on it, then reapply a new dressing.

Sound like I have done this much???:bang head:
Anyways shoot me a PM if you need any help with this.
Cheers

Excellent Post!!

I've been through this also and having to go see a doctor to get silvadene sucks, the stuff should be OTC IMO.

How's this 3M stuff compare to Silvadene?

Rusty

Damn, just saw this post, hate to hear about it, but glad you're gonna be OK eventually.

We had a guy die on one of our rides last fall from a deer jumping him and clipping his helmeted head and knocking him unconscious and subsequently running into a guardrail. You were lucky I'll say that.

I ate the concrete at 140 once (tankslapper, shitty handling V65, even worse than a stock Max) and lived to tell so I've been there and know how much it sucks even tho' I broke nothing, just a load of road rash....

Cybermax

I love my Cyvermax, it looks totally bad-ass.

But yes you are correct, even after upgrading to a pair of 100 watt halogen bulbs in the Cybermax housing the output sucks big time, daytime visibility is excellent but the pattern on the road is completely worthless.

I avoid riding at night as much as possible due to this and am planning to mount a 100 watt pencil beam under the lower triple clamp when I figure out a clean way to do it,....

Good luck to you

Rusty

Yeah, very lucky, but I gotta start taking it easy because I'm running out of lives. Had been planning a bunch of changes for the max, and coincidentally most everything that got damaged in the wreck was stuff the was going to get changed anyway.

Damn, I had missed this thread. Ou-friggin-ch. Amazing you came through as well as you did. Best wishes on your recovery.

BTW, F the damn deer. Pature rats. May they all die. Friggin' nuisance. At least the one you hit won't bother anyone else.

Latest posts

Back