Vmax Vs zx14 drag race offer...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You definately can't compare a Vmx with a Busa or a ZX14. I recently bought an 08 ZX 14.It has a 4-1 Muzzy exhaust,Power Commander and the flies are out.

Like you said though,These bikes are all bastard children not belonging to any other group.My 14 flat out hauls ass but hurts my back to ride.My wife hates ridding on the back of it too.We're definately keeping the Max.Now if I can just get her to ride her Fazer I'll get to take the 14 on rides.

I haven't had a chance to race the 14 yet but I'm pretty sure that it will beat my best time of 11.0 on my max. I have only had it for a month or so and it is killing me with all the shitty weather here in western PA.Where is all this global warming bullshit?
Shawn you should try a set of bar risers on your zx14 ...That should help your back ..I have pretty much the same problem ( not with the zx14 ) But with the liter bikes.. They kill my back and forarms ..

I've got a spare set of Helibars risers sitting in my garage right now... shoot me a PM.

My buddy just let me take his zx14 for a short cruise. It was SWEEEEET !!! It's more comfortable than I would have guessed - he has the 3/4" risers on it as well. I'm not ready to trade my VMAX for one yet, but it was still cool as hell. Merry Christmas to me! :eusa_dance:

Guys i have been down with the Flu Bug for a week or so .. I'm feeling better and the tracks ( drag strips ) will be opening back up and running Jan 7th and 8th ..

I'm still looking for a 09 Vmax to test and no takers yet .. If you have a new Vmax drop me a PM ... If you feel you are not up to the task of riding it at the track that is ok , bring the bike and we will put a pro rider on the bike and see what she does .If you have never been down a drag strip and want to give it a shot i would be happy to give you some pointers .. Either way you will have a good time and meet some great people .. And with a little luck you may be able to claim your Vmax was the fist 09 Vmax to go 9s.:eusa_dance:

Track are here ...

http://www.sunshinedragstrip.com/

http://www.bradentonmotorsports.com/

One is an 1/8 mile track and the other is a 1/4 mile ..I would like to do this at the 1/4 mile track if at all possible.. Both are in the Tampa FL area ..

Guys i have been down with the Flu Bug for a week or so .. I'm feeling better and the tracks ( drag strips ) will be opening back up and running Jan 7th and 8th ..

I'm still looking for a 09 Vmax to test and no takers yet .. If you have a new Vmax drop me a PM ... If you feel you are not up to the task of riding it at the track that is ok , bring the bike and we will put a pro rider on the bike and see what she does .If you have never been down a drag strip and want to give it a shot i would be happy to give you some pointers .. Either way you will have a good time and meet some great people .. And with a little luck you may be able to claim your Vmax was the fist 09 Vmax to go 9s.:eusa_dance:

Track are here ...

One is an 1/8 mile track and the other is a 1/4 mile ..I would like to do this at the 1/4 mile track if at all possible.. Both are in the Tampa FL area ..

Walt mentioned that someone is putting something together for the weekend of the 9th in South FL.
I haven't got the particulars yet. But will let you know as soon as I have more info.

Sunshine speedway will be open on the 7th Weds for test and tune , gates open at 5:00 racing starts at 6:00

I will be there testing a new pipe on my 09 zx14 .. Come on out and say hi ... I'm there every week testing , so come on out bike or no bike and have some fun ..

Finally got jesse's smeg huh? I better see some timeslips with low 9's and no mapping.

Who is this guy asking to race someones VMAX.. Who is the Pro Rider you are going to put on someones brand new 18K motorcycle?
Do you have any creditentals on this "Pro Rider"
Gee I wonder why you have no takers... post something you have done, give us some of your riding stats and why we should pick YOU to ride someone elses motorcycle down a dragstrip?

Track are here ...

Who is this guy asking to race someones VMAX.. Who is the Pro Rider you are going to put on someones brand new 18K motorcycle?
Do you have any creditentals on this "Pro Rider"
Gee I wonder why you have no takers... post something you have done, give us some of your riding stats and why we should pick YOU to ride someone elses motorcycle down a dragstrip?
.. If you want a pro rider i have one waiting ... ( AMA Prostar Super Street Champ )
I really don't want to ride the bike ,but i will if asked .. I really want to race the Vmax with my zx14 .. Pick anyone you want to ride the Vmax ..

Jay Gleason got a stock 2009 VMax into the low 10's in a recent publication. Even if I was inclined to let someone "teach" me how to run a 1/4 mile, I doubt I'd be a better rider than Gleason in a year of Sundays. Not to mention that at 220 lbs, I probably outweigh Gleason by 50 lbs or more...this won't do my power-to-weight ratio any favours.

A low 10-second 1/4 mile is on par with a ZX10 review which claimed a 10.02 1/4 mile time. The "slow" time of the 2009 VMax was blamed on the fact that it would light up the back tire whenever the throttle was cracked. The ZX14, being quicker than the ZX10, should beat '09 VMax in the 1/4 mile unless the VMax has a better rider on board.

Happy New Year!

Blaine Williams

.. If you want a pro rider i have one waiting ... ( AMA Prostar Super Street Champ )
I really don't want to ride the bike ,but i will if asked .. I really want to race the Vmax with my zx14 .. Pick anyone you want to ride the Vmax ..

Do I need a pro rider? :rofl_200:

WHY????

Why do you want to race a 2nd gen vmax???

It has already been proven by pee wee gleason and dale walker that the vmax is NOT capable of the times a 14 IS....

So What do you have to prove, gain or whatever it is your doing???

Is this a way to boost your ego or another notcch in your belt or what?? to beat a bike that has already been proven slower than your bike.

whats the deal???

why would you waste your time trying to beat a slower bike???

I see your point and it pisses me off that these fuking zx14 and busa riders talk about there tuperware rockets and how fast they are... Thats great we know the busas and zx14 will smoke a 2nd gen VMAX,, slap one of your bf's on the back of one of them tuperware bikes and lets roll out on the track,.,. thats fair isnt it? zx14 weight is what 440? Vmax is 560-570?
And all these guys that ride there 14's think they are great riders and put themselves above others, and in all honesty most cant ride full potential of a crotch rocket but they are fast even with unexpierenced rider..

The guy wants to race in Florida. The tracks in Florida have some killer DA's (density altitude) compared to a lot of the country. So, 9's might be capeable in Fl on a good da day. I don't think the times run in the magazine were correcter, nor do i think they listed the DA. So, it is possible.

You are correct! But fla weather has lots of humidity and to get a day with temps in the mid 50's low 60's is hard!!
This may be hard to believe but one of the fastest tracks is Atco Raceway located in South NJ. Sea Level, low NJ temps low humidity surround in a pine barron with lots of oxygen.. The track hooks like a Mother F'r also!
A high 9 wouldnt be out of the question with Yami nakasheemi from Yamaha to tune on the mapping and any other shit to tweak it in, and having his lil brother Yimhangcum ofsumyungguy who weighs 93lbs soaking wet to ride it.
I think I could hit a 10.1-10.3 on it, but my weight has tipped the scale at 228 last time I checked..

The guy wants to race in Florida. The tracks in Florida have some killer DA's (density altitude) compared to a lot of the country. So, 9's might be capeable in Fl on a good da day. I don't think the times run in the magazine were correcter, nor do i think they listed the DA. So, it is possible.

You are correct! But fla weather has lots of humidity and to get a day with temps in the mid 50's low 60's is hard!!
This may be hard to believe but one of the fastest tracks is Atco Raceway located in South NJ. Sea Level, low NJ temps low humidity surround in a pine barron with lots of oxygen.. The track hooks like a Mother F'r also!
A high 9 wouldnt be out of the question with Yami nakasheemi from Yamaha to tune on the mapping and any other shit to tweak it in, and having his lil brother Yimhangcum ofsumyungguy who weighs 93lbs soaking wet to ride it.
I think I could hit a 10.1-10.3 on it, but my weight has tipped the scale at 228 last time I checked..
Yeah, Atco is suppossed to be killer I'm only a days drive away, yet, I've never been in 20 + years of racing.

Yeah, Atco is suppossed to be killer I'm only a days drive away, yet, I've never been in 20 + years of racing.

Man what a dream..

Nice cool late morning in Atco NJ in the month of March, temps at 50 degrees, overcast with a 5mph tail wind down track, and plenty of VHT and a couple top fuel cars to lay some fresh rubber down..
Cooler of beer and about 15 topless blonde hooter girls with nipples ready to cut glass! Ohh hell I am getting carried away almost forgot why I was at the track..

We do get a few good days in the winter that have Killer DA .. It doesn't happen offten ... Most days we deal with summer heat and DA in the 4000 foot range and when it's that hot the track doesn't hook ...

I see your point and it pisses me off that these fuking zx14 and busa riders talk about there tuperware rockets and how fast they are... Thats great we know the busas and zx14 will smoke a 2nd gen VMAX,, slap one of your bf's on the back of one of them tuperware bikes and lets roll out on the track,.,. thats fair isnt it? zx14 weight is what 440? Vmax is 560-570?
And all these guys that ride there 14's think they are great riders and put themselves above others, and in all honesty most cant ride full potential of a crotch rocket but they are fast even with unexpierenced rider..
Well i'm not a fukin zx14 or busa rider as you put it, i have raced ever type of bike over the 38 years ..

Please go back and look at my first post ..I smacked talk NO one ..I never said i was fast or above anyone else, i only offered a friendy race and a chance to meet some nice people and have a good time ...If you don't want to race me fine , just bring your bike and run the clocks ..

Jay Gleason got a stock 2009 VMax into the low 10's in a recent publication. Even if I was inclined to let someone "teach" me how to run a 1/4 mile, I doubt I'd be a better rider than Gleason in a year of Sundays. Not to mention that at 220 lbs, I probably outweigh Gleason by 50 lbs or more...this won't do my power-to-weight ratio any favours.

A low 10-second 1/4 mile is on par with a ZX10 review which claimed a 10.02 1/4 mile time. The "slow" time of the 2009 VMax was blamed on the fact that it would light up the back tire whenever the throttle was cracked. The ZX14, being quicker than the ZX10, should beat '09 VMax in the 1/4 mile unless the VMax has a better rider on board.

Happy New Year!

Blaine Williams
Blaine you are right . These days the bikes are so fast and so close HP and ETs that it comes down to the riders.. I had a stone stock zx10 with 3 miles on the speedo ..I took it right from the dealer to the track ..My first pass was 9.98 @ 145.. I truly feel that with just a few passes in good air 9.90s is possible with the Vmax ...

Latest posts

Back