Vmax with sidecar?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poor Vmax. It's like seeing that hot crush from high school again at college, except now she's got a baby carriage. Just ruins everything.

$4500 actually seems like a fair price if its structurally sound

I considered something like this back when I was a rural mail carrier....but figured the USPS would take a dim view.

This is a rig that a guy I know in CA has....he's got a friend who loves riding but is disabled so this keeps her options open.

It's a 4 passenger, been featured in many mags.

Attachments

• Greg's side hack.jpg
    Greg's side hack.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 69
Poor Vmax. It's like seeing that hot crush from high school again at college, except now she's got a baby carriage. Just ruins everything.

I agree completely. But it's a pretty nice looking sidecar......as far as sidecars go.....

I considered something like this back when I was a rural mail carrier....but figured the USPS would take a dim view.

This is a rig that a guy I know in CA has....he's got a friend who loves riding but is disabled so this keeps her options open.

It's a 4 passenger, been featured in many mags.
Nice, but I bet ya that's a beast to handle!

Wonder if it makes the bike wobble any more? That is a lot of stress on the frame would you not need a frame brace also, I know I can twist my weight around and make the bike twitch under me, just saying.

There's a good candidate for the 'dark side' LOL

I actually quite like it, if I was gonna ride a sidecar I wouldn't mind it being a Vmax!!

Hey, I like it!

Of course, I rode my orange 2011 Ural to Alaska last summer so you have to consider the source of that opinion. ;)

I bet the Max is a smidge more powerful than my 45 hp Ural. :ummm:

165584_500545692559_287686902559_5962159_2453028_n.jpg

Hey, I like it!

Of course, I rode my orange 2011 Ural to Alaska last summer so you have to consider the source of that opinion. ;)

I bet the Max is a smidge more powerful than my 45 hp Ural. :ummm:

165584_500545692559_287686902559_5962159_2453028_n.jpg

Couple months ago I was riding a curvy road on my 954rr behind a Ural just like that (with a front fairing). Had his little daughter and a friend's little daughter in the side car and flipped it into a gully right in front of me, about a ten foot drop. The girls were held in my a lap belt and by God's grace didn't have a scratch, just really scared. They were small enough we could get them to crawl out from under and then lifted the Ural off the rider and supported it with a stump. They lifeflighted him out, made out with only a broken collarbone and some lung swelling.

Now the Ural didn't fair so well, especially with the tow driver winching it out. However overall, since those bikes weigh around million pounds and look to be really stout, the fairing and parts of the sidecar that were light metal took most of the damage.

We were only going about 30mph at that point, so it seems like those sidecars can make a bike really difficult to manage at times. Never ridden a bike with a sidecar personally though.

Not meaning to thread jack just my solo experience with sidecars!

We were only going about 30mph at that point, so it seems like those sidecars can make a bike really difficult to manage at times. Never ridden a bike with a sidecar personally though.

Not meaning to thread jack just my solo experience with sidecars!

I don't think he had enough seat time with the hack...but they are pretty easy to flip especially without a passenger, and even so more on right hand corners:damn angry:

BTW...one of my good freinds that I ride with has almost the same stable as yours:
2003 max
2003 954
1990F1

I had a URAL police model we took out the engine and installed a R90 BMW engine and a 4 speed gear box with reverse, I loved riding that bike, it still had the Russian police light on it.

Just come across this thread, so cannot resist comment.

Amazing how motorcyclists have perceptions and opinions about sidecar rigs that reflect zilch knowledge, experience, or awareness. Most of this appears to stem from a self projection of being members of some hard riding, tyre smoking, mega power fraternity.
43 years of riding a variety of rigs up to our currents of a BMW K1 1989 vintage set up, plus a 2007 Vmax 1200 rig.

The latter more than satisfies our passion for being full members of a worldwide community, not only sidecar orientated. Just as with solo motorcycles there really is more out there than the off the peg Ural.

Does the Vmax do a good job as a sidecar tug ? Bet your mortgage it does !

Well put John, A few years back I was on the 101 frwy in Los Angeles and I saw a kawasaki 900 with a sidecar and no rider on the bike!!He was sitting in the sidecar in a wheelchair.:clapping:

39e77b51230651d9852ef9c4588dad22.jpg

Mmmmm... Vmax & sidecars??? I currently own 4 sidecars (working on #5 and just got another bike for #6...) and one of them is my -94 Vmax with a Calif sidecar! I own the Vmax since 95 (my 2nd Vmax) and she is great with the car! I had to sell my 09 Gen 2 (#0000033) and I miss it now: it could had been great with a hack! Pic is last Sat ride with others Bay Area crazy guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back