Vmaxes hidden under your nose.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PATMAX

Reaction score
Just visited a really nice guy in my city that my body man told me about several months ago. Guy called me a few months after our initial contact and has an 85 basket case he has in the shed. Familiar story, buddy said he'd help tear it down and rebuild it then disappeared. Actually lives close to PeeWee's Moms place.
I thought I knew most people with Vmaxes in town but never met the guy.
Sure the bike is rough and a true basket case. Pluses were some NOS parts and good title. Forgot to check the last four digits of the VIN.
A parts bike all the way and a fortune to put back on the road. The bad is he needs $ and somewhat misinformed in the value, which I come across often. I ended sitting and had a few hour talk with him and really like him and wish we could have met years ago. I gave him this website and a few resources to get an idea of current prices/values and some ways to perhaps get the most out of what he has. Sure many of you had similar experiences. I'll let you all know if anything comes from it.

I followed one by me for a year before I got it for what I had told him it was worth a year prior. Keep on him, Patrick.

My hope is he does some research and find out the real values and gives me a call back. I know it's human nature to think you put X amount of money and time into something and hope to get it back out.

My hope is he does some research and find out the real values and gives me a call back. I know it's human nature to think you put X amount of money and time into something and hope to get it back out.

Everyone wishes that is the way it worked but unless the buyer thinks exactly the same way you do it just isn't going to happen. Most people are reasonable and once informed will sell for a proper price. Could always show him your current Vmax collection to emphasize that you know what you are talking about.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back