VMOA is a sinking ship

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobody

Reaction score
Re: Winter Edition Of the VBoost Magazine
To be honest, if the Board of Directors had not made the decision to go electronic there would not have been a Winter edition this year. We have been trying to find a way to keep the finances "in the black" but would have been very short and unable to pay for this edition. We do realize that there are members who look forward to receiving their Vboost in the mail, I am one of them, but in this case the Board decided that we needed to ensure that an edition was published by any means necessary.

I know that there will be some questions as to why we were short of money. The Board of Directors has been debating this issue for the past year. We decided to cut back on sponsoring events, blow out old stock in the VMOA store, and attempting to get more advertising money. One thing we have tried to avoid is raising the dues the members pay. With the hard economic times and people limiting discretionary spending the first thing that they usually cut out is stuff just like VMOA dues. We have lost members for the last couple of years which has added a financial burder. We are going to make a concerted effort in 2011 to attract more members, vendors, advertisers, and store customers to raise funds without raising dues if we can. Raising dues is a last resort that we will bring to the membership prior to making that decision.
----------------
Jim Rodgers
Milton, On Canada
VMOA#4046
VMOA Vice-President
smil3dbd4daabd491.gif

Wow. . . wonder where all the money went?:confused2::ummm::Flush000:

Lets see. . . the individuals at the top who controls the VMOA money resign and the club is short on funds?:ummm: Cant afford to print the V-Boost:confused2:

I'm not accusing anyone. . . but. . . just saying

IMHO

FLAME SUIT ON

I cannot tell what you're really losing there ...

But they seriously need to change how their website and magazine look like.
No offense, but we're not in the 80s anymore.
I don't want to step in much since I'm not really concerned about it in anyway, but I have the feeling that VMOA needs some fresh ideas or will simply disappear like everything else which tend to lack of innovation.

Sweet! I've wanted it digital for a while... I'll put it on my iPad and read it there...

Chris

It is sweet. No limit to number of pages, lots cheaper, full color and imbedded video and sound clips. My Stebel article will include a sound clip.

Transforming VMOA magazine into a blog type will be just a nice idea IMO.
There could be how to, test, survey and reviews sections beside having a forum for discussing the articles published. You add some ads and generate traffic and you're good to go.

That what I will have suggested to the vmaxforum :p

Im on the other side of the fence i think it sucks, my internet is SLOW and being rural i only have 1 provider so not alot i can do also taking the mag to work and reading is nice also i have saved every issue since i joined but lets see how this works first they say its only a test.

It'll be in PDF format so you can download to your PC and even print if you wish.

Well....it's very easy to see where all the money went:

I was over at the VP's house the other day. After offering me one of those fancy drinks with the umbrella he suggested I could have saved gas money and sent the VMOA limo to pick me up.
I then commended him for his nice large garage and how nice it must be to be able to work on Vmaxes in such a large space. He then looked surprised and questioned "work on Vamxes??" But being the gracious host that he is I was invited into said garage anyway. Well to my utter amazement there was Toxic! Hoisted up on a gold plated M/C lift. Not only that, the KING himself was wrenching on Toxic. I said "Elvis, I thought you were dead?" He chuckled in his southern type drawl " Yeah, fooled alot of people with that one!" Then I noticed in the corner this quiet elderly Cuban fellow flipping though a Vmax service manual. He looked confused and befuddled. I asked him what he was doing and he replied in a very thick accent " I dun't know, but it was much easier to kill JFK than fix dis machine!"

There you have it! No need for further discussion. :surprise:

Dale #2592

Lol You should have asked if he had any info on Jimmy Hoffa , or was he there to?

Well....it's very easy to see where all the money went:

I was over at the VP's house the other day. After offering me one of those fancy drinks with the umbrella he suggested I could have saved gas money and sent the VMOA limo to pick me up.
I then commended him for his nice large garage and how nice it must be to be able to work on Vmaxes in such a large space. He then looked surprised and questioned "work on Vamxes??" But being the gracious host that he is I was invited into said garage anyway. Well to my utter amazement there was Toxic! Hoisted up on a gold plated M/C lift. Not only that, the KING himself was wrenching on Toxic. I said "Elvis, I thought you were dead?" He chuckled in his southern type drawl " Yeah, fooled alot of people with that one!" Then I noticed in the corner this quiet elderly Cuban fellow flipping though a Vmax service manual. He looked confused and befuddled. I asked him what he was doing and he replied in a very thick accent " I dun't know, but it was much easier to kill JFK than fix dis machine!"

There you have it! No need for further discussion. :surprise:

Dale #2592

That sure satisfies my curiosity!! :clapping:

Im on the other side of the fence i think it sucks, my internet is SLOW and being rural i only have 1 provider so not alot i can do also taking the mag to work and reading is nice also i have saved every issue since i joined but lets see how this works first they say its only a test.

Have you looked into Hughes net or the like?

"Lol You should have asked if he had any info on Jimmy Hoffa , or was he there to?" [/QUOTE]

During my last digital rectal exam, I made the mistake of asking my G.P "any sign of Jimmy Hoffa up there, Doc?" He started to laugh uncontrollably, and consequently accidentally caused some minor damage to my poor anal sphincter. :confused2: Be advised, Brothers, making jokes is largely a question of proper timing.
still a bit tender, Miles

Bob, I think they need a good audit ! oh thats right ya cant see the "other books" LOL

Mark, from the responses on here it doesn't seem like anyone cares if $$$ is unaccounted for. :confused2:

I think the VMOA has run its course. No more V-boost, :ummm: not because its a better idea to product it digitally. . . but because there's no money to produce it. Also seems to be a apathetic group,:sleep: the VMOA can't even get any content for the V-Boost anymore.:ummm:

The VMOA has had a steady decline in membership, and it has nothing to do with the economy like the so called leadership:jerk it::wave bye: would want you to believe. It has to do with mismanagement.

Sooooo . . . Jimmy can now be the President of a club with no members :biglaugh::rofl_200::looser:

Last edited:
Bob, I don't know why you spend so much time trying to discredit the VMOA, it's leadership, and it's members when you are no longer affiliated. I realize that you once were a VMOA member but now are not, so do you really have that deep seated of negative feelings toward us? Would you join the VMOA under different leadership?
I am just trying to ask some honest questions and not intending to rile you up.

Bob, I don't know why you spend so much time trying to discredit the VMOA, it's leadership, and it's members when you are no longer affiliated. I realize that you once were a VMOA member but now are not, so do you really have that deep seated of negative feelings toward us? Would you join the VMOA under different leadership?
I am just trying to ask some honest questions and not intending to rile you up.

NO ISSUES WITH YOUR QUESTIONS

The reason I am no longer in the VMOA is because I asked some difficult questions, so instead of answering them honestly the VMOA THROW me out!

And as far as discrediting anyone. . . the VMOA and its dictators don't need my help with that, they do a fine job all by themselves.

Redbone, don't forget. . . I've meet a lot of these ass-holes face to face over the years and seen them in action. . . its not a pretty site.

Would I join under new leadership? That depends on the leader.

Personally I believe the decline of the VMOA has been due to websites like this one.

I'm not trying to make Buster feel bad at all here. It's just that people would rather just get the info here for nothing and don't care about the meeting people part.

Chris

Personally I believe the decline of the VMOA has been due to websites like this one.

I'm not trying to make Buster feel bad at all here. It's just that people would rather just get the info here for nothing and don't care about the meeting people part.

Chris
Chris Your 100% right about that , Free is good and most people would not pay for what they can get for nothing! this site the Star site are two good free one's Let's face it , Things needed to be changed years ago but the people in charge were set in their ways and wound not go for change (I Tried and gave up and Quit) Jim , seems to know that change is needed and I support him for trying but I really think it might be to late . As for Bob he wanted some hard facts on the books and was kicked out because the leadership did not like his repeated questions. I look at the Vmoa site now and then and see that they still vent about people like Bob and myself and a few others for starting about how things are run in that club , Just remember most people are sheep and can be lead by a few , that is what happened in the club. It takes people to rock the boat to get the rats to jump ship and make things better for all

the reason i didnt join VMOA (i didnt start vmaxing til last year) was that the place was a ghost town over there. i think the fact that this didnt cost money was what allowed to grow to where it is now. this website is one big free vboost magazine.

ive met up with people from on here, although not many... but if we were to schedule a meet up sometime i'd go if it was within range.

the problem with the VMOA meets is that, even if they meet up in person, once... twice a year... the forum is so dead you wouldnt know anybody anyways.

im pretty sure if i was at a vmaxforum meet i could find sean, that crazy cop runner guy, redbone, buster, nobody prolly wouldnt be too hard to find(no offense lol), 4gasem etc etc.

a vmoa meet would just be an awkward breakfast with extended family. LOL

we're like one big family over here. we hardly even talk about vmaxes anymore unless we have to anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back