VMOA is a sinking ship

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I have been a Vmoa member since 2000 and dont see it dying unless the membership lets it happen. I have met and made many friends within the Vmoa soley because of the club. Yes, the website problems need to be worked out. The Vmoa provides an excellent means to organize, communicate and interact all year long. Without the Vmoa I would not have met and made so many friends in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin, Florida, Arizona, Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas and more. Without the Vmoa I would not understand nearly as much about my bike, what can be done with my bike and how to diagnose and fix many issues over the years. Sure, this and other forums are of tremenddous value. I dont see regular posting of rides and get togethers on any of the forums. Usually they mention what has already happened somewhere. The Vmoa website lists contacts, posts event rides, provides a buy/sell board and up to now always published and printed a much enjoyed magazine. Has the leadership always made the best decisions, probably not. There is no leadership of any group that does. Is the leadership honest and sincere, Absolutely Yes. If the club is to survive and grow, then we the members must reach out and share our enjoyment through invitation to others. We should not devour one another on the forums or elswhere. Criticize, support, encourage, admonish as constructively as possible with as much respect and courtesy for each other as possible.

Make no mistake, Vmax ownership and riding is Much more fulfilling as a result of the Vmoa Club these past many years. If your area is lacking of organized Vmax riders, then host one of your own. I have attended numerous Vmoa Rally Events with only 4 or so riders due to the weather and still had a great time riding and sharing. Consider travelling to another more active region. The Great Lakes and all other regions welcome all Vmax riders. Invite non members to the Vmoa Rally events. We just have to be active. Send someone an old V-Boost. If you dont have one, myself or someone will get you one. There is absolutely no reason the Vmoa has to decline in memebrship or activities. Minor setbacks are part of life. Heck, the whole darn country is in a setback. Doesnt mean we throw out democracy or capitalism. Wake Up People.
Get Moving. I will put away my soapbox for now. This just needed saying and no one was speaking up. Please Have A Safe New Years. I would like too see every one of you sometime this next year. Hey, come to the Illinois Vmoa Vmax Rally this May 20,21, 22 in Rock Falls ,Illinois and I can.

rick rash

Well said Rick alot of the people here never attended a vmoa event or BREAKFEAST RIDE so all they got is what they hear. Its sad that these 2 sites have to have a pissing contest. Id also like to say that i have seen first hand many vmoa members give another vmoa member a place to sleep, help him wrench on his bike or parts or a beer, I also have meet many friends through the vmoa and hope to meet more here as well but we just need to drop all the drama we are all 1 riding the VMAX, after all that is what it is all about. JIM 3933

Well said Rick alot of the people here never attended a vmoa event or BREAKFEAST RIDE so all they got is what they hear. Its sad that these 2 sites have to have a pissing contest. Id also like to say that i have seen first hand many vmoa members give another vmoa member a place to sleep, help him wrench on his bike or parts or a beer, I also have meet many friends through the vmoa and hope to meet more here as well but we just need to drop all the drama we are all 1 riding the VMAX, after all that is what it is all about. JIM 3933

I don't think there has ever been a pissing match between this forum and the VMOA. I have always been pro VMOA, including adding a general VMOA section here and at 1 time offered them this forum. There are some here with issues with the VMOA and post about it here as they get to air their beefs. However, I always believed that actions speak louder than words, and if they are so unhappy with the VMOA, they have the perfect opportunity now to run in the election and change everything that is wrong.

I don't think there has ever been a pissing match between this forum and the VMOA. I have always been pro VMOA, including adding a general VMOA section here and at 1 time offered them this forum. There are some here with issues with the VMOA and post about it here as they get to air their beefs. However, I always believed that actions speak louder than words, and if they are so unhappy with the VMOA, they have the perfect opportunity now to run in the election and change everything that is wrong.

You're talking about a lot of work right there, Buster!

You know the old saying:

Those who can.......Do!
Those who can't.....Bitch!

Hey Bob, what would the Vmax community actually lose if the VMOA did indeed fold? I know you were a low numbered member so you know the history. Would not all the things they provided not go on or happen elsewhere (mostly on this forum I would imagine)? I don't mean to sound crass but are you gonna miss the VMOA? With all the effort you expend on the topic, it's almost as if you are trying to express how great a loss it will be should the VMOA cease to exist. No one wants to pay to be a part of something and get ripped off by those in leadership positions but my point is, big whup. There is a whole lot of injustice and serious wrong in the world with more merit than all the effort you have spent on highlighting the ongoings of the VMOA. That said, I wondering if I need to send in my dues anytime soon?

Hey Bob, what would the Vmax community actually lose if the VMOA did indeed fold? I know you were a low numbered member so you know the history. Would not all the things they provided not go on or happen elsewhere (mostly on this forum I would imagine)? I don't mean to sound crass but are you gonna miss the VMOA? With all the effort you expend on the topic, it's almost as if you are trying to express how great a loss it will be should the VMOA cease to exist. No one wants to pay to be a part of something and get ripped off by those in leadership positions but my point is, big whup. There is a whole lot of injustice and serious wrong in the world with more merit than all the effort you have spent on highlighting the ongoings of the VMOA. That said, I wondering if I need to send in my dues anytime soon?

:th_laugh2:
Apathy (also called impassivity or perfunctoriness) is a state of indifference, or the suppression of emotions such as concern, excitement, motivation and passion. An apathetic individual has an absence of interest in or concern about emotional, social, or physical life. He or she may exhibit an insensibility or sluggishness, also. The opposite of apathy is flow.[1] In positive psychology, apathy is described as a response to an easy challenge for which the subject has matched skills.

No matter how many books are produced....or explanations are given, you will never convince a non-believer.
Sorry....gotta go. Elvis has invited me over for a beer. (I wonder where he got the $):confused2:

Dale #2592

No matter how many books are produced....or explanations are given, you will never convince a non-believer.
Sorry....gotta go. Elvis has invited me over for a beer. (I wonder where he got the $):confused2:

Dale #2592

I don't know where he got the money for the beer:confused2: but maybe you know someone who could give you a nice Vmax tee shirt to bring over as a holiday gift:punk: LOL

Dale #2592

That logic also applies to folks who don`t want to believe when something (e.g. a club or organization) is at risk.

Happy New Year!

Blaine

Life evolves. People, situations, species, organizations....etc. all come & go. Nothing is 'forever'.

Except me, my v max & Elvis.....we will abide! :punk:

Another issue for the VMOA is that they simply got pwn3d by Oliver and starvmax.com on the release of the Gen2. Virtually all of the Gen2 discussion on the 'Net goes on over there. I don't so much blame VMOA for that as much as I credit Oliver for his efforts in getting inside on what was going on at Yamaha and capitalizing on it.

VMOA without Oliver (and this site) isn't going to make it, IMO. The Gen1, not being made anymore, is becoming more and more rare, and there's only so many more VBoost articles that can be written on how to clean your carburetors. The future for VMax enthusiasts resides in the Gen2, though a technical discussion site like this one will obviously thrive in the near future.

I'd like to see all three entities get together and give us one place to treat our addiction, but it probably won't happen.

I have been a VMOA member for a really long time (#782). The only reason I have kept my membership for the last few years is the V-Boost magazine. Never visit the website anymore because it is really terrible. I will probably not renew when it comes up again. There has to be a benefit to being a member (and spending the $35) and I just don't see one anymore. :Sad:

I've argued that it's the people that make the group...any group. A rider who goes out of his/her way to help another rider is a sign of a good person. Good people tend to do good things for others. For example, I've heard several people comment on how far a helpful VMOA member travels to assist another VMOA member or even non-member. The truth is, any good person/rider will help another rider in need regardless of affiliations or lack thereof.

Forums like the VMOA, VMAXforum.net, and others allow riders to meet, get to know each other, arrange rides, discuss topics of interest, etc. In the course of hanging out on these forums you will meet all sorts of folks and you can decide for yourself who is your "cup of tea". You will also find on any of these forums a certain percentage of folks who will travel that extra mile just to help a fellow rider.

Blaine

The addition of the Star Vmax riders are the new blood that will help drive the VMOA forward. IMO there still is a need to carry forward the Vboost mag for readers like m-cman and those that don't have/ want a computer to read a online version and as a means to show prospective members what the VMOA is all about. Sure, the Vboost is nice, but what it really is all about is your fellow VMOA members and you getting together several times a year to ride and enjoy each others company.
The basic thing about the VMOA is about people and their ownership of a Vmax. Everyone of us that owns a Vmax love it, but I think something else that rates up there very closely is the friendships that you make while owning the Vmax. Look at Blaine (happy birthday btw) and he doesn't own a Vmax anymore but he still comes around to say hello and it's because of the people he met while he owned his Vmax.
When I first joined the VMOA I saw that Rick Rash was at this rally in Illinois then he was in Texas and the next thing you know he was in Florida with the VMOA gang there. I thought he was a national spokesman hired by the VMOA! It turns out he just loves to be around other Vmaxer's and is willing to travel across the country to do so. I'm sure he gets way more out of his dues than most but that's what it takes if you want to get value out a VMOA membership.
Each one of us have to get together with our regional reps and help them, actually I should say, to help US put together a agreed upon way to run the VMOA so we all can be satisfied with how our Owners Association runs. We all have a stake in this and need to step up to do our part.
Thanks, for reading this rant, and being a owner of the most badass bike ever!:punk:

That logic also applies to folks who don`t want to believe when something (e.g. a club or organization) is at risk.

Happy New Year!

Blaine

Change will always be required for any organization to survive. But there are those who will never be satisfied with the pace or the very changes the say are needed. Then there are those who take great pride in sitting on the outside, throwing rocks, and contributing absolutely nothing. I just can't figure out why the even care??

Dale #2592

This is a post from your dysfunctional VMOA Treasure. . . the one that can't add.

Just popping in
rank3e632f95e81ca.gif

cavt4b7dd0a43f3d9.jpg
Re: Winter Edition Of the VBoost Magazine
For any members who are concerned about this test, having the VBoost as an electronic format, I would have you go back over the past year and look at the financial reports that are printed in each issue. The VMOA is basically spending more each quarter than we are bringing in. The VBoost costs $6,000 every 4 months. We also have postage expenses for membership packets and renewals and store merchandise. We have three separate officers on the signature card at the bank and I report quarterly the members. Despite what some angry and disgruntled ex members might post on other forums, we just are bringing in as much money as we are spending. This idea was brought up because we simply don't have the funds to continue at this rate. Another point to consider is that the Winter issue is difficult to find content for. There are really no events going on during the winter to report on, so it didn't seem responsible to spend so much money at this time.

I hope this helps settle some questions and concerns.

Rhonda Lane
VMOA Treasurer

As you can see she still hasn't come clean with the real reason the club is in finical ruin.

As long as the VMOA continues to operate as they do today they are done. .

I wounder who Ronda was referring to. . . "disgruntled ex members might post":ummm:

She is still concerned about my opinion . . . I guess:confused2:

To get back on track, the VMOA keeps losing members, alienates the old members and does not embrace the GEN 11 rider. The future is with the new bike and new members. The currant "leaders":rofl_200:have done nothing but drive the club into the ground. The only way it will be resurrected is to change the buy laws and get a "dynamic" President.

I know. . . what have I ever done? right?

Well. . . lets see bought a V-Max in 1991, Joined the VMOA in 1997 #22, supported the club events in PA (Thunder for 5-year), Daytona (5-Years) some of you will remeber the parties we threw at Bullows camp grounds? I help fund them, the drinks and food was paid by me and some other X members. I also suported the VMOA at Sturgis one year, we had 20 riders go on a group ride in 2003. Myrtle beach one year, and countless rides up to Marcus Dairy CT, were I meet up with many of the VMOA members. the list can go on and on, I bet I supported the VMOA more that most and what did I get for it? Thrown out buy a Christian Fundamentalist and her moron husband. Why was I thrown out? Because I asked some hard questions and would not back down.

I have made many friends during the years I was in the VMOA, and now most of them are no longer in the club, why? Can you say miss-management. They all got feed up with the nonsense. I know people come and go, circumstances change, people sell there bikes or simply move on. But to succeed at anything you need to grow and change with the times, not hold on to something that doesn't work anymore.

IMHO

FLAME SUIT ON:th_flipthebird:

Thanks for sharing some of your history with the Club. Lots I never knew. Yeah I doubt many can match the level of involvement you had and outright financial support. I guess Rhonda doesn't have the stomach to even call you by your handle or name. Kelvin seems to keep his distance too but of course, I have no idea what you might have exchanged privately. I never told you but I stood up for you when 82Cowboy was soliciting feedback from his chapter on how your "situation" should be addressed. I haven't changed my opinion and still feel it is important, perhaps vital to have members like yourself. Now not that you need anyone to fight your battles but I think you have come to love the VMOA and it tears you up to see it run into the ground as it were. I don't know if I would not feel any different had I "invested" as much as you have over the years. To me you are one of the founding members. No shame in that!
As far as calling me apathetic. Well that just can't be because I am too busy reading and posting on this forum, helping out VMF and VMOA members whenever I can. Last year I offerred a complete first year Max to the VMOA as a Daytona activity/promotion/activity. It was a "quick build" project where I had most everything done, paint, Powdercoat, tires, cables, title- just assemble the damn thing. If vendors wanted to contribute/support it they could. Did Kelvin or anyone from the Board even wiggle a toe? I don't think so. Sean said he might have pitched in. Hell they could have raffled it off afterward and paid for one printing of the VBoost. And I'm the apathetic one! You crack me up Bob! Don't write us all off in your disdain for the current Board. There might be one good fish still swimming.

Thanks for sharing some of your history with the Club. Lots I never knew. Yeah I doubt many can match the level of involvement you had and outright financial support. I guess Rhonda doesn't have the stomach to even call you by your handle or name. Kelvin seems to keep his distance too but of course, I have no idea what you might have exchanged privately. I never told you but I stood up for you when 82Cowboy was soliciting feedback from his chapter on how your "situation" should be addressed. I haven't changed my opinion and still feel it is important, perhaps vital to have members like yourself. Now not that you need anyone to fight your battles but I think you have come to love the VMOA and it tears you up to see it run into the ground as it were. I don't know if I would not feel any different had I "invested" as much as you have over the years. To me you are one of the founding members. No shame in that!
As far as calling me apathetic. Well that just can't be because I am too busy reading and posting on this forum, helping out VMF and VMOA members whenever I can. Last year I offerred a complete first year Max to the VMOA as a Daytona activity/promotion/activity. It was a "quick build" project where I had most everything done, paint, Powdercoat, tires, cables, title- just assemble the damn thing. If vendors wanted to contribute/support it they could. Did Kelvin or anyone from the Board even wiggle a toe? I don't think so. Sean said he might have pitched in. Hell they could have raffled it off afterward and paid for one printing of the VBoost. And I'm the apathetic one! You crack me up Bob! Don't write us all off in your disdain for the current Board. There might be one good fish still swimming.

Cowboy, now that's a laugh. This is the same guy that shows up at Bullows camp ground with this giant car trailed. As he tries to take his V-max off the trailer he drops it oops:rofl_200:Now. . . we did offer to help him but no.... he had to do it buy himself, such an excitable boy. I think he has dropped it several times after that too. So for a guy that can't keep the rubber side down to solicit anyone is a complete joke.

Ahhh, where is the support, the encouragement. I dont feel the love here anymore. Sitting here watching Tosh.O Kinda funny. I attend about 5 Vmoa events each Summer with about 20-30 riders having a great time riding together, partying in the parking lot, exchanging ideas and experiences, and yes, having breakfast, lunch and dinner together. Cannot tell them the Vmoa is not worthwhile. I spend $35 every year on a whole lot less satisfaction for my money. The Gen 2 riders are having just as much fun as the Gen 1 riders. There is no discernable difference in their love for their bikes. This and every Vmax Forum has my total support. I greatly appreciate each forum site manager and moderator. My wish is to promote and keep alive each and every Vmax Forum and Club. I guess when I sponsor a Vmoa event or travel to attend an event and no one shows up, then I will know it is over, Until then, I am gonna just keep riding with any and all my Vmax friends, Vmoa members or not. However, I will just keep inviting others to join in, ride with and share the experience.

rick rash
Vmoa #1283

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back