Voodoo Header and UFO Megaphones

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Happy New Year Vmaxers,

Here is my question for your thoughts and input. Voodoo has their 4-2 stainless headers and Dual Slashcuts for a great price. Here it is.http://www.ebay.com/itm/VooDoo-1st-Gen-Yamaha-VMax-Dual-Stainless-Steel-Full-Exhaust-1985-2007-/111227365665?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19e5aae921&vxp=mtr I would like to use to the UFO megaphones with the Voodoo headers and pipes for my 1998 Vmax, the combo would appear to be a good fit, after removing the slashcuts. I have heard the rumors that Voodoo made the megaphones for UFO, they look identical, except for logos on the endcaps. Is anyone aware if the pipe diameters are same for the Voodoo midpipes and UFO midpipes?

If the diameters are same, then the interchanging of cans appears possible. Additionally, has anyone on the forum previously performed this exchange? My goal is an all stainless exhaust system, rumbles like a big block with uncorked headers and will wake up the police from 2-3 blocks away. I have yet to hear a sound clip on the Voodoo slashcuts, the UFO's sound is the deepest rumble I have heard to date.

Thanks,

Roger

It's all the same system. Voodoo was making systems for ufo.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Don't know about the Voodoo but I own the 4-2 UFO SlashCuts, Header Back. At first I didn't notice the mid to high RPM change of pitch. That's my only complaint. Not sure if any piece is Stainless. Chrome Exhaust sure looks awesome. Show quality.

There is a like new full Kerker 4/1 for sale on Craigslist in TX

It's all the same system. Voodoo was making systems for ufo.

I believe that, but here is something to think about.
In the Vboost a few years ago someone did a write up with pics from Jon's shop about the purchase and installation of a UFO system.

In that write up he had pics of the fab process and tools along with written description of the building of the exhaust...right there in the shop.

Wonder what's up with that???

It IS no secret that all the vendors subcontract ALOT of work. That's part of being a vendor is knowing where/who to source stuff from. And why some of them protect that info, so we don't go straight to the source. (Albeit buying ONE of something prolly wouldn't beat the price anyway)

I just put on what I learned here. I certainly wasn't trying to detract from John's work. I know everybody that ever ran his systems liked them.

I just put on what I learned here. I certainly wasn't trying to detract from John's work. I know everybody that ever ran his systems liked them.

Oh no, I didn't mean that in any negative way.
Sorry if it sounded that way at all.
I was just curious since I too have heard both versions of how/where UFO's were made.

Don't know about the Voodoo but I own the 4-2 UFO SlashCuts, Header Back. At first I didn't notice the mid to high RPM change of pitch. That's my only complaint. Not sure if any piece is Stainless. Chrome Exhaust sure looks awesome. Show quality.
Do you know the inlet diameter for the UFO Slashcut, it will be the same as the UFO's megaphone, quadzilla and megzilla exhausts since UFO's website states their exhausts are interchangeable. This applies to UFO's dual exhaust pieces.

Tuned headers are my objective and I have only seen data on Voodoo's headers and their runner designs. I am sure the late Jon Cornell did extensive testing on his headers, trying different lengths and diameters. I would just like to see supporting data. Perhaps someone on the forum has this info or it has been previously discussed. Thanks for the responses.:ummm:

why don't you send them a message asking the same thing you are asking here? They will be able to tell you if they did the stuff for UFO or not...

I talked to the Voodoo guys when I had to exchange a 85-92 Fork Brace I won at Thunder for a 93+ Brace and they were very friendly and accomadating.
I'd just call them and ask, I'm sure they'd have no problem telling you if your UFO cans fit their pipes.
As stated above, I'm 99.9999% sure they are identical to the UFO Pipes.
But it never hurts to ask the source.

I'll go measure my SlashCuts and give you the dimensions. I much preferred the Slashcuts over the MegaPhones. I'm not sure but I may eventually sell my Slash's and go with the IXIL HyperLow's. You want Bad Ass? Check out the Thread. KJ has a set on his Max now I believe....

KarmaKatt

My Slashcuts sit 8" past it's mounting bolt. Should have a 13" overall length and an I.D. of 2.5".
Hope this helps...

KarmaKatt

does anyone know of a sound clip with the voodoo full system and the speakeasy baffles installed? very curious to know if this is a system I would be interested in. I want more sound and performance from my 05. but here in Alberta they have passed this noise bylaw, and I have notices the cops pulling over bikes, namely Harley owners because of it. Not that seeing a Harley pulled over really bothers me. Ha ha, just don't need to be lumped together with them as far as the law is concerned.

Back