Walther PPK

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miles Long

Reaction score
For gun enthusiasts -
What would this be worth?
WW2 era, good shape.
Also, someone told me that it's possible to trace these handguns back to the original owner, using the serial number. I've been unable to find anything about this on the net. Any suggestions?
Cheers!

Attachments

• P1020639.jpg
    P1020639.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 46
  • P1020640.jpg
    P1020640.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 39
  • P1020642.jpg
    P1020642.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 42
I dont know if ww2 era had .32 .380 9mm but if it did i would think the .32 is not of much value. Nice looking gun.

I just looked at the last pic i did not know it came in 7.65

James Bond wants his firearm back!.....................:biglaugh:.....................Tom.

Last edited:
Looks like a 1934 vintage:

http://www.tague.at/pistolen/en_index.htm

Click on "Walther PP, PPK Table with Year of production"

For more, try starting here:
http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/...ebsites-help-pp-ppk-owners-id-their-guns.html

Original caliber, 1st model style grips, serial number that checks out as in that period, ball park $1300-1800. If its got history/extra features, that could go up.

+1

I think the value is subjective of the buying audience. Someone out there may pay a few Gs for it while the other 99% will only pay $500.

I trust the two gun shop owners I frequent and have taken multiple items to both of them and they are normally pretty close on thoughts, value, etc. My experience is that most gun shop owners are pretty reliable and don't beat around the bush to try and screw you because they know their client base is well armed and a pissed off client could be bad news.

Looks like a 1934 vintage:

http://www.tague.at/pistolen/en_index.htm

Click on "Walther PP, PPK Table with Year of production"

For more, try starting here:
http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/...ebsites-help-pp-ppk-owners-id-their-guns.html

Original caliber, 1st model style grips, serial number that checks out as in that period, ball park $1300-1800. If its got history/extra features, that could go up.
Thanks very much!
My father(R.I.P.) once told me he took it from a German officer that "couldn't use it anymore"....draw your own conclusions. That was in 1944.
So most likely from an older soldier, issued around the time when the Nazi regime were starting to make waves politically and militarily in Germany.
If I could find out who the pistol was issued to, who knows? - it may have some history attached to it. I could even return it to living relatives.
Cheers!

Thanks very much!
My father(R.I.P.) once told me he took it from a German officer that "couldn't use it anymore"....draw your own conclusions. That was in 1944.
So most likely from an older soldier, issued around the time when the Nazi regime were starting to make waves politically and militarily in Germany.
If I could find out who the pistol was issued to, who knows? - it may have some history attached to it. I could even return it to living relatives.
Cheers!

If you track down who it was issued to, and return it to them, I would love to hear that story!

Good luck!

Herr Long...I amf fairlee zertin that veapon vas izzued to mine Grumpapa in Verld Var Du....Yu may returnf it do BRC Garb Chop.....Danka! :punk::biglaugh:

Seriously Miles....Kudos for even considering to return it to the original issue, that would be a very interesting story. :clapping:

Cool gun! I love Walthers. My conceal carry is a Walther. I also have a P38 my grandfather brought back from WW2. I'm keeping that one though. :biglaugh:

If you do return it, I'd love to hear the story for sure!

This PPK seems to be in very good original condition. Doesn't matter that the caliber is what it is. If there are Nazi Markings anywhere on it, it holds pretty good collector value. Without the markings ??????
The holster is also of value to a collector.

Careful miles if you return thereI dad's gun After your dad took it off him They might kill you with it Not sure but I think that millimeter convert to 32 caliber I agree gun holsterand gun is worth more Maybe you can get on Pawn Stars It is a cool piece If you do find the family Watch your back dude

Here's my WW2 Walther passed down from my grandfather. Any progress Miles?

Attachments

• WP_20140820_21_38_38_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140820_21_38_38_Pro.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 22
No way in hell would I sell a gun at a pawnshop. Even if you got on TV they're a pawnshop like any other. They SCREW people because they're desperate.
That's fine if your desperate and pawnshops serve a purpose.

99% of the time I keep asking myself why those people are not selling those items on Pawnstars at auction, eBay, Craigslist anywhere but a fucking pawnshop.

I do watch and enjoy the show, but have always looked at pawnshops like I do wrecker services; vultures in waiting......(that's based on living in Houston where 30 wreckers will show up to the scene of an accident and fight over the tow) they both serve their purpose and when you need one you need one. But if there are any other options at all it's better to check them out first.

No, Mr. Kronx, can't seem to find any link to any website tracing original ownership of the firearm.
Which is probably just as well. I'm sure my Dad would prefer that it be kept in the family.
The laws up here are much more strict re sidearms. Concealed/non concealed pistol possession is unheard of, unless you are Law Enforcement. I think the only way that I can have this particular gun legally is if I have it disabled, with the firing pin removed. Gotta check into this further.
In a nutshell, I'm not interested in carrying it, I'd just like to keep it in the house for personal protection. And hope that it would never have to be used.
Cheers!

I used to have a good friend in Ontario who had an arsenal. Handguns, rifles and shotguns of all flavors and he was just a regular citizen possessing them legally. I think you have you jump through some bureaucratic hoops to make it happen but preserving it in working order vs disabled seems worth it to me.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

We still use these, its the official military pistol being replaced now by HK USP and Glocks (for civilian police).
I used a brand new one never fired back in 2004 when i was at the academy on the firing squad (sorry... team). We still have new ones in stock. But newer models with aluminium body instead of the steel one.

Back