Well, it runs...not perfect, but it runs!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glockamolie

Reaction score
Well, I got it to start today. I had the airbox off, and ran it 3 times, each for about 30 seconds. It is not spilling fuel out of the vents, but it does occasionally blow back a mist out of the main air jet bleed on occasion on that trouble carb. It seemed to do it on the left front carb a time or two as well. Questions:

1) Was it probably just gunked? If so, will more cleaning (down the air bleed, drain the bowl, etc) eventually clean it up the rest of the way? I'm running a can of Seafoam and 2.5 gallons gas. I drained the tank, and it only had a few specs of anything in it.

2) Should I put the airbox back on and try, or just keep doing some cleaning until it doesn't spit out of the main air bleed anymore, and then put the airbox back on? I had to choke it down all 3 times, and it idled up to 3k or so. I could back the choke down a little, but then it wanted to die. The third time I backed off the choke, it would idle at just over 1k, but I gave it just a little throttle and it died.

Any more comments are appreciated.

Well, I got it to start today. I had the airbox off, and ran it 3 times, each for about 30 seconds. It is not spilling fuel out of the vents, but it does occasionally blow back a mist out of the main air jet bleed on occasion on that trouble carb. It seemed to do it on the left front carb a time or two as well. Questions:

1) Was it probably just gunked? If so, will more cleaning (down the air bleed, drain the bowl, etc) eventually clean it up the rest of the way? I'm running a can of Seafoam and 2.5 gallons gas. I drained the tank, and it only had a few specs of anything in it.

2) Should I put the airbox back on and try, or just keep doing some cleaning until it doesn't spit out of the main air bleed anymore, and then put the airbox back on? I had to choke it down all 3 times, and it idled up to 3k or so. I could back the choke down a little, but then it wanted to die. The third time I backed off the choke, it would idle at just over 1k, but I gave it just a little throttle and it died.

Any more comments are appreciated.

It sounds like it is running with stock jets, if so you need to install the airbox or it will run lean and want to die without the choke on. Try putting airbox on to see how it runs, if it runs ok, go for a good ride to flow the seafoam through it to help clean things up more.

:cheers: Mike

unless you have our kit or stage seven air correctors the engine will not run more then idle without the airbox on.

Sean

Back