What are your motorcycling goals for 2013?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My goals this year are.

Spend some money at Sean Morley's place. This guy went the extra mile for me on a wheel bearing match up for the rear.

Take a 500 to 600 mile vmax road trip.

Change brake lines, change my drag handle bar to a super bike handle bar,
Change seat to 1 that don't hurt as much, paint front folks and rear swing arm.
Some how install a gas gauge and bigger gas tank,

My goals for this year include:

1) Get more comfortable riding the beast (mostly around corners)

2) Try not to kill myself

3) Install new clutch before riding season

4) Install shift light

5) Have fun riding with the Michigan Hooligans...again. Had a blast last year.

Crossing one more off my "bucket list".
Last year rode up Pikes Peak, year before did Glacier Park Going to the Sun Highway, few years back rode Beartooth Pass. This year going to ride the northern Cascades in WA, then see Buschart Gardens in BC with wifey.

Crossing one more off my "bucket list".
Last year rode up Pikes Peak, year before did Glacier Park Going to the Sun Highway, few years back rode Beartooth Pass. This year going to ride the northern Cascades in WA, then see Buschart Gardens in BC with wifey.
I5 to Hwy 20 E is a great road! Try a side trip up to Baker lake as the scenery is breathtaking as well. It's a glacier fed lake so it is COLD!
I'm not sure what your plan is for the east side of the cascades is but a trip down the Columbia river valley is very nice too.

My goals to acomplish this year are as follow:
(in no particular order)
* Ride more
* Thunder in the Valley
* Ride around Lake Superior
* Ride more with Hooligans
* Build a workshop/ garage

My goal is to sell my beloved 05 Max, I am tired of the state Fuc#ing me on the insurance and title fee's, a classic case of unequal protection under the law here in Michigan, and I am fed up.:damn angry:

O

#1 ride every day it's not raining this year #2 Avoid tickets #3 Be safe #4 Hit the powerball :biglaugh:

1) Finish the fuel gauge install
2) Reassemble
3) weld up the +8 swingarm
4) not taking any summer classes this year, so do some more riding.

- Repaint the Z (spring project).
why repaint? i thought u were happy w/the results?

my most recent spraymax results:

IMAG1124.jpg

My goal is to sell my beloved 05 Max, I am tired of the state Fuc#ing me on the insurance and title fee's, a classic case of unequal protection under the law here in Michigan, and I am fed up.:damn angry:

O

You shoulda-moved to The Sunshine State, like I did from MI nearly 40 years-ago, as a young man, to have more opportunity economically, and to enjoy the Coral Gables college co-eds from "The U" while riding motorcycles 12 months out of the year, and-no bike insurance required!

I married one of those cute college co-eds, the kids are grown & giving us grandchildren, and I still have the Yamaha I brought-down from MI with-me after I decided to stay after about 4 months, instead of returning to MI to attend the other U-M, (in Ann Arbor) as a junior year transfer on a State of MI academic scholarship. I never regret leaving the Water-Winter Wonderland (as my MI license plate said).

Make the system work for-you, don't piss and moan about what the other-guy has that you don't. :clapping:

- Repaint the Z (spring project).

-Ride 10K miles this season

-Avoid the police

I'd love to do some overnight mini-tours on the bike, but can't find anyone to go with. Everyone I know either isn't interested, isn't allowed out of the wife's sight for more than an afternoon, or is too flaky and keeps cancelling at the last minute.

Hey if you make it to Oklahoma, I'll ride with you. With work I'm gone for weeks at a time, but I'm also home for weeks at a time too.

Eric

O

Hey in Oklahoma my full coverage on the 07 is $200 a year, and tag is 85 bucks. That way you can keep the bike, and the riding season is about 10-11 months out of the year...now some days the high is mid 30's, but atleast you can still run to the store. Now make certain the cooling system is up to snuff with 105's in the summer.

You shoulda-moved to The Sunshine State, like I did from MI nearly 40 years-ago, as a young man, to have more opportunity economically, and to enjoy the Coral Gables college co-eds from "The U" while riding motorcycles 12 months out of the year, and-no bike insurance required!

I married one of those cute college co-eds, the kids are grown & giving us grandchildren, and I still have the Yamaha I brought-down from MI with-me after I decided to stay after about 4 months, instead of returning to MI to attend the other U-M, (in Ann Arbor) as a junior year transfer on a State of MI academic scholarship. I never regret leaving the Water-Winter Wonderland (as my MI license plate said).

Make the system work for-you, don't piss and moan about what the other-guy has that you don't. :clapping:

Medic,

No I am not pissing and moaning about what the other guy has, and I have worked hard in the same craft for 40 years, but never able to retire twice in that period of time and pull two pensions! (At taxpayer expense). I am 62, have $775,000 in cash and more in equities, a paid off 14 acre wooded estate worth $300,000, commercial property lot worth $35,000,(before the crash I turned down $75,000 for it), full healthcare, and 0 in debt, 3 kids, 5 grandchildren, and still own my own business, and married to boot. So, I am not pissing and moaning on my own account, but worry much about the critical problems that have beset this nation that I and my kids and their kids, and your kids call home.

Now, as to the 05, Michigan has the highest auto insurance rates in the U.S., partially due to the unlimited heath care paid by the state for all costs over $500,000 from an auto accident, you have to pay $175 for that each year on every titled vehicle, we have no fault also. The Gov., Snyder, a big taxing Republican, Ya, you heard that, now wants to raise the registration fee by $125 for "road repair", even though we have the 7th highest gas taxes in the nation, (wants to raise that too!).

The real pisser is that the $175 you pay is not "equal protection", if you ride a cycle you are only covered if you hit a car or a car hits you, in a car you are protected no matter what, if you are a pedestrian and hit by a car you are protected no matter what,,in a cycle if you hit an animal, another cycle, a tree, lose control and crash, etc, you are not protected!! Now that is FUC#ED and something I just became aware of 3 months ago. So I figure I won't be FUC#ED, so I will make a statement about that injustice and unload my beloved 05, and one less $175 going to Lansing that is not applied equally for all drivers protection.

O

Well I had hoped to be moving in to a house and fixing that up first, but that isn't going to happen for a year or so.

Have my seat done by Sean hopefully with a driver's back rest and a tank strap.

SS lines

Shift light

rig up a kill switch so I can "kill button shift"

Repaint the Honda (81 650) so I can sell it

frame braces

swing arm brace

shocks such as Works or other top quality

Dyno the max and get someone to really tune it up (I see a "D" in my dreams)

4 into 2... maybe one of Sean's new systems (with jetting)

Go on as many V-Max rides as I can-those other rides seem so boring

And if all that works out... maybe I'll lean how to ride a motorcycle.

I was kind of initially, thought it wasn't bad for a first attempt, honestly it's not so much the quality of the paint is that I'm not as crazy about the green as I thought. Actually think I'll put it back to a factory-ish blaze orange color, or maybe a burnt coppery orange color. Plus with the lessons learned from the first try it should hopefully come out better. Think I'll rattle-can it this time and spraymax over it, don't need to bother with hardened paint also.

I'll actually be out in the U.P in about a month for the clean snowmobile competition in Houghton. Have my sled with me though, not the bike.

I certainly wouldn't mind driving a day to meet someone and going from there, though anything more than a sat-sun trip is tough to pull off with work.

Ride alot!! That's my biggest goal for the bike. And of course keep trying to make the bike even more unique. But I still gotta climb outta the hole this thing put me in last year.

Latest posts

Back