What causes glazing on rotors/pads?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have lots of them, in various condition, some are still very usable though. Let me know if you want one Jenn, yours for the price of sending it.

The rotors very rarely need replaced even with heavy grooving. The only time they need replaced to perform well is when they are warped and causing pulsation.

Sean

I bead blasted all of my rotors.Calipers too,inside and out before rebuilding and repainting them. Makes them stop very well!

Okay, my '93 stock max was bought used and had very little front pad wear but the rears were almost gone. After replacing them with 'EBC high performance organic, carbon graphite or Sintered' pads and now they're BOTH already almost gone in 3k miles! I made sure they were bedded and stayed off em for the first hundred or so miles and they seemed fine. No rotor pulsating feel experienced, just super fast pad wear down. I'm thinking I need to rebuild the rotor due to sticky pistons but not sure cuz that's usually the case when ONE pad is wearing. Maybe I'm using the wrong brake pads? ANY IDEAS?

Thanks in advance.

are they sticking when you put the bike on the center stand and turn the tire? those are really soft pads so its not that bad. i have them on mine, but have about 4k miles on them and they're not gone for sure.

Okay, my '93 stock max was bought used and had very little front pad wear but the rears were almost gone. After replacing them with 'EBC high performance organic, carbon graphite or Sintered' pads and now they're BOTH already almost gone in 3k miles! I made sure they were bedded and stayed off em for the first hundred or so miles and they seemed fine. No rotor pulsating feel experienced, just super fast pad wear down. I'm thinking I need to rebuild the rotor due to sticky pistons but not sure cuz that's usually the case when ONE pad is wearing. Maybe I'm using the wrong brake pads? ANY IDEAS?

Thanks in advance.

Next time you go for a ride, stop then touch your rotors to see how hot they are. its a good way to tell if you are dragging or not.

Latest posts

Back