What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
found out how to turn my walkers into a kerker...

have an oxygen sensor bung cap fall out around springfield!

trying to explain to the local shops what I want to buy/what i'm looking for this morning was challenging, finally napa admitted they had one in stock.

Got my first ticket in a long time (I think the Eureka Springs wheelie was my last one). This one is 69 in a 45 which had he nailed me about 1/2 mile earlier it might have been double that. Was out testing the temporary 2Face bike with the 1300 conversion that will be available for test rides. It's running strong but I think maybe a bit lean. Will get it on the dyno in a couple of weeks and see what numbers it's pushing out and do some adjusting. Otherwise it's still breaking the tire loose in third depending on the road surface. Even with a choked down muffler (run one holeshot muffler with small core) it is making power.

Almost too much clutch in it at the moment but am getting ready to put on one of our coil spring conversions and clear clutch cover shortly anyway so that should ease up the engagement a little.

Sean

Finaly got rid of the lolly pop turn signals and bought some mini `s
(will post pics tomorrow) and put my front end back together again.
I just need to do one more piece of wiring and then it`s time to play with the mains and mixture.
<<Dave>>:punk:

Reprogrammed the speedo for the front wheel size, then had it checked with a radar. It's now spot on.

Enjoyed the afternoon with a ride to various healthfood and cooking shops to get the makings to make some cheese later on this week.

Added a new motorcyclemod.com LED clear tail light and some license plate LED bolt lights. I forget how good LEDs are and remind myself when I ride in the pre-dawn hours using my 2 - 3watt LED pods for auxillary lighting. Damn they are surely bright!!! GOTTA LUV THEM :D

I fitted my new R/R today but charging is still not looking great voltage wise. I think it's due to my battery though, it's definitely shot. Yikes!

going out later as the roads are drying up, test the clutch again, bled it last night readjusted the shifter, chg fluid in front brakes as it was way too dark. And ofcourse just to listen to that wonderful kerker idle:punk:

I changed out the battery cable and the starter cable to 10 Ga.
monster cableand noticed more starting power then I installed new grips then a new liscense plate frame thenI re did my guages and installed the muscle kit and re painted the fenders, side covers and tomorrow I will re paint the tank cover.

Attachments

• 105_5871.jpg
    105_5871.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 25
  • 105_5876.jpg
    105_5876.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 105_5877.jpg
    105_5877.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 105_5872.jpg
    105_5872.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 22
  • 105_5874.jpg
    105_5874.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 25
Well, it's boring, but everyone needs to stop, right?:whistlin:
New rear brake pads!!:th_party33:

Oil Change, Filter..Rejuvenated my K&N Filter, pretty trick kit they sell ya..Cleans and restores like new. Bleed Brakes and Clutch. Next is a wash and Wax...
Americade Bound 10-12th.

I put it back together again and now it`s off to Fargo`s house to synch the carbs and fine tune the bastard.

Attachments

• 105_5879.jpg
    105_5879.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 105_5891.jpg
    105_5891.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 18

Latest posts

Back