What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last Tuesday a few of us rode down to Lincoln to help install a new starter clutch. Took less than an hour with most of the time spent was scraping the original gaskets off.

On Friday I washed mine....for the first time this year. The other wash earlier in the year was from a rain storm. :)

Went out yesterday with my friend Clint, we met up with a pro photographer and then spent the following couple of hours getting pictures taken.

Here is one, I'll post a few more when I get them.

Attachments

• 29859_1373691993943_1581105372_885287_4138033_n.jpg
    29859_1373691993943_1581105372_885287_4138033_n.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 29859_1374021082170_1581105372_886933_6192546_n.jpg
    29859_1374021082170_1581105372_886933_6192546_n.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 31
Went riding with Captain Kyle, had lunch and a few drinks in the FL sunshine. Great!

Then found out my bike's not charging again.. bollox.

Last Tuesday a few of us rode down to Lincoln to help install a new starter clutch. Took less than an hour with most of the time spent was scraping the original gaskets off.

On Friday I washed mine....for the first time this year. The other wash earlier in the year was from a rain storm. :)
You must subscribe to the Tyler Pennock school of bike washing...thinking a good rain storm is wash enough.:clapping:

front brakes were weak so I cleaned the front brakes(all gummed up with brake dust) chg the front brake and clutch fluid, definitely needed it was getting dark. took it out for a ride, brakes are better stopping now. also met up with one of the other 3 max's in town. overall good day on the bike.

Lost a carb cover on the road somewhere :bang head:

View attachment 15344

No wonder it started misfiring :stickyman:

holy shit. how'd u hold onto the spring and oring?!

i actually got like 20mm bolts for my carb covers so theres about 3-4mm coming out the back so I know the have to work extra hard to back out and the thread goes all the way thru

A friend and I went out for a nice ride in the 80deg weather. I kept bottoming out with her on the back. DOH! I forgot to set the preload on the shocks. I was set at 1 on dampening and 1 on the preload.

Now set at 4 on dampening and 4 on preload, all better now. it did cost me a couple of nickle sized flat spots on the headers though. I tested it out, me at over 300lbs, and a friend of mine who's weighing in at 290, hit a few bumps and no bottoming out anymore so it should be good when I put her back on the pillion.

Did punch it a couple of times with Rick on it. The flying W is good payback for the many times he pranked me. :rofl_200:

I took off the stock pipes and slipons and I installed my Marks pipes.
It was a hell of a job ,but I learned something new today too.
<<Dave>>:punk:

Attachments

• 105_5836.jpg
    105_5836.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 105_5830.jpg
    105_5830.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 105_5835.jpg
    105_5835.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 105_5837.jpg
    105_5837.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 105_5838.jpg
    105_5838.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 16
I installed my Vibranators in the handlebars today. I now have those and my carbon-look bar ends, there should be no vibes left! Next ride will tell..

:surprise::banana::thumbs up::whistlin::band::th_image003::th_party39::th_peace:
Got the news from Sean Morley that my 1300 engine is finished and ready to go:eusa_dance: I'm like a kid fixin to go get his first car I'm so excited:rofl_200:
Can't pick it up until Tuesday cause of my work schedule but hopefully by the weekend next week I'll be movin and groovin:rocket bike:

Yesterday I finally got around to changing the fork seals (Thanx Dan) but I had to go to lowe`s for a 6` piece of pvc and a coupler to make a tool for installing them.
Today I`m going to take off my carbs and play with the muscle kit and with any luck, I just might get to fire it up:eusa_dance:.
<<Dave>>:punk:

Swapped the R/R with one known to work and went for a long ride, only to find out it still won't start when it's hot.
Looks like battery's gone, it drops to NoVolt? when cranking..
@ $50 and after a year I can't really complain but it still sux. Gonna email them anyway, it's just over a year and they have a year warranty on it..

took a ride ,relaxed for a change.came home and started cutting out seat covers.the first batch should be ready the end of june.

Ok,I got the motor in my bike the other week,today i finished putting in the carbs and got to fire it up.The thermostat cap had a leak from O ring so had to take that apart and fix it.Next problem> i noticed that two of the carb where not spraying on the wide open circuit.The accelerator pump is working but notice it not getting stroked when throttle gets whacked.I'm pissed now but oh well,got plans to take take carbs out this week see whats going on with springs thats suppose to push pump diaphram.It was nice to go around the block loved it ,The bike felt very strong even with carbs not working good. I'll be back soon and really ready to get nitromax out.

Latest posts

Back