What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up a stage 1 kit for cheap, so decided to play a bit.

Running around town, and the rpms around 2000, I would almost get a lean surge...and the bike felt really "peaky" is really the only word that I can use. My setup is 147.5's, Kerker 4-1, A/F screw 4 turns out (I like the sound), needles shimmed 30 thousands, and "Y" removed.

With the stage 1 kit, I decided to swap diaphragm springs. All I can say is WOW....it has smoothed out the bike around town, and really woken it up. I guess that I was lean, and making the needles come in earlier helped.

Running around town, and the rpms around 2000, I would almost get a lean surge...and the bike felt really "peaky" is really the only word that I can use. My setup is 147.5's, Kerker 4-1, A/F screw 4 turns out (I like the sound), needles shimmed 30 thousands, and "Y" removed.

With the stage 1 kit, I decided to swap diaphragm springs. All I can say is WOW....it has smoothed out the bike around town, and really woken it up. I guess that I was lean, and making the needles come in earlier helped.

those stg1 needles are nice.

Try looking here, lots of low cost options: http://www.ebay.com/bhp/motorcycle-hard-case

I LIKE!!! That trunk would go good with the Fatmax hard bags, And would also give another option for turn signals.

You guys are EVIL!!! Giving more and more ideas on what could be done with one of these bikes!

Question, the stator from a Venture, will it fit, and does it put out more juice than the stock Max stator? lol

(Don't know whether to hate or love you guys for giving me these thoughts...)

I installed 1300 vtx shocks on my 88. Dropped about 1.5 inches and helped tighten up the cornering a bit. I like it.

Went on the road to help out a Vmax Bro. Got him going and came home with a vmax motor for my efforts. I'm sure there are plenty of parts I can use regardless of what's inside. Good cases would be nice.

Dyno jet or Factory pro?

If anyone is interested I have an excess stock of stage one needles I can sell..

Dyno jet or Factory pro?

Dynojet. I just swapped to 155 mikunis and planning on putting the bike on the dyno about 9 this morning. It will be interesting to see what all has changed.

I may swap needles to the stage 1's. Right now its just kind of interesting playing around....and seeing what happens.

Hi fellas...

Just wanted to show you guys what Sean and I have been up too lately: Swingarm +3", Pumpkin that already has a speedo cable inserted, ZRX Shocks. All the mentioned is PowderCoated Candy Apple Red. Plus -1 PS fronts, New Adjustable levers with Sean's must have Bearing Insert, New Superbike Blk Bar, Anodized D3 Grips w/Bar Ends, Sean's Muscle Kit. 18" Carrozerria Blk Rims w,/Shinko 011 (120 70 + 200 50), ****Eventually Digital Speedo, EBC Rotors w/6 or 4 Calipers..., Seat, IxIL Exhaust Tips on my UFO Headers....

Hear are a few pieces.. Want to show then before their installed..

Attachments

• 20140425_214007.jpg
    20140425_214007.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 20140425_204827.jpg
    20140425_204827.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 20140425_202009.jpg
    20140425_202009.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 50
Looks good karmakatt, glad they arrived ok, those parts took quite the journey to get to you, from Sean's place to my place 30 hours away in the box of my truck, then shipped off from Edmonton. Lol

Last weekend I went for a ride and everything was fine until I was riding really slow to look at some trees down due to wind and when I took of the bike ran like shit unless I was shit caning it. Every time I slowed down it stalled out on me so I did the shotgun carb clean trick and runs fine now. I also installed some progressive springs up front. Went for short ride around the neighborhood seems all good but the bike seems to sit up a bit higher in the front end. Maybe my imagination.

chg the oil and wxx cleared up and went for a ride.....bikes running strong as always. gona go again....

Went out to the parking garage for lunch to go for a little ride.... then saw I had a flat front tire. Did an inspection and saw a nice sharp piece of rock lodged in the tire. :bang head:

Back