What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went out for my first ride of the season, was a cold bright sunny day, started at 43f, went up near 50f, put about 30 miles on the bike. Ran wonderful even on old gas. And i got a call for a new job, going to the interview tomorrow.
A great day indeed!

Yesterday I shipped my '01 to myself from Texas to Virginia. Those of you who have replied to all my posts about various problems understand what a huge deal it is for that bike to be close enough to being done that I was prepared to send it off for actual riding.

Today I put an Odyssey battery in my '86 basket case project bike, and it fired right up when I got home from dinner. It ran for a few seconds before revving to about 4k and dying, but at least I know it starts. I think the sync is way out of whack and I might have some air leaks. The motor definitely sounds strange, but maybe not catastrophically so. I also got the front brakes (busa calipers on 298s) to bleed just fine on the '86. If I have to part it out, those will go as a set with the stainless lines and mounting plates. I'd really like it to run correctly, though.

I hope everyone stays safe as we all start taking things out of hibernation.

Faux Tank is painted.
I'm liking the way it looks a lot darker in the shade.

Attachments

• DSCF5359.jpg
    DSCF5359.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCF5360.jpg
    DSCF5360.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCF5362.jpg
    DSCF5362.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCF5363.jpg
    DSCF5363.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCF5366.jpg
    DSCF5366.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCF5367.jpg
    DSCF5367.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 26
Just changed out my needle jets to stock.. Too windy and cold to ride.. will try them tomorrow. Supposed to be 60'. We will see.

Yesterday I shipped my '01 to myself from Texas to Virginia. Those of you who have replied to all my posts about various problems understand what a huge deal it is for that bike to be close enough to being done that I was prepared to send it off for actual riding.

Today I put an Odyssey battery in my '86 basket case project bike, and it fired right up when I got home from dinner. It ran for a few seconds before revving to about 4k and dying, but at least I know it starts. I think the sync is way out of whack and I might have some air leaks. The motor definitely sounds strange, but maybe not catastrophically so. I also got the front brakes (busa calipers on 298s) to bleed just fine on the '86. If I have to part it out, those will go as a set with the stainless lines and mounting plates. I'd really like it to run correctly, though.

What is hibernation?:rofl_200:

I hope you get it work out, Where are you located in VA, I'm in Bowie/upper malboro

Not a V-Max but is Yamaha

My 8 year old took a shovel and made himself this

IMG_20150404_144903531_zpsoas2w7qg.jpg

Spent a couple hours riding saturday, brilliant sunny cool day, rode the Vmax to a job interview, owner of a well established concrete company move the whole batch plant last year to a new location, its still being reassembled, he is short a mechanic and all around person who can turn wrenches, drive a mixer truck, run a loader or a dump truck plus build the plant, my last job of 19 years was just the exact thing but that company is shutting down, so i got hired, better wage even. Starting monday. Owner really liked the classic style if the bike, his whole private shop us wall to wall racing awards. I think my bike gave me a few points.

Ordered one of Morley's Muscle seat gen II pattern. Tested out today & it was a lot more comfortable than my UFO starfighter seat. My inner thighs are not sore after riding 2hrs

Don't know why pics came out sideways, they were right side up when I previewed them

Attachments

• 20150405_191348.jpg
    20150405_191348.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 34
  • 20150405_191329.jpg
    20150405_191329.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 20150405_191315.jpg
    20150405_191315.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 20150405_191305.jpg
    20150405_191305.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 32
Realized that I shipped myself my bike and left the keys in Texas...

I hate it when that happens!

I forgot that you don't get an oil filter o-ring with the filter so I just drove 120 miles round trip to get a $6 o-ring and finished the oil change that I started on Monday. I hate it when that happens.

Matt

Back