What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck. My old one would cycle sometimes and if you squeeze it. I took it apart and can't imagine being able to find or fix the problem. The replacement just does nothing except cause a hum when I squeeze it. I'll be contacting Sean Morley in the next day or so, maybe I'll bite the bullet and just order that seat while I'm at it?

Matt

Good luck. My old one would cycle sometimes and if you squeeze it. I took it apart and can't imagine being able to find or fix the problem. The replacement just does nothing except cause a hum when I squeeze it. I'll be contacting Sean Morley in the next day or so, maybe I'll bite the bullet and just order that seat while I'm at it?

Matt

Well atleast with Sean....you KNOW that it will be a good part.

Finally finished eliminating my fender. Mounted my blinker/tail light combo and plates. Took some drilling and aluminum cutting for the underside piece. Overall I'm satisfied!

Well not anything directly to the Vmax.....but did go thru Houston yesterday, and bought a shim kit from Don "old man" Smith. Sharp individual.....with a helluva bike. It was interesting picking his brain for a bit.

Coming thru Dallas...I met up with Ragdog2011. SUPER nice guy.......with a great Vmax. All I can say is....the Mod Monkey is STRONG with that one. All in all it was a great day.

Last week I spent all Saturday doing a few different jobs.

I started by putting my new battery on the charger.

Then I moved on to putting on new grips and bar ends, Driven D3 (Thanks Sean!)

I then began to rip my carbs apart, and I couldn't get many of the screws/bolts off to take them apart, so I quit. (due to the frustration)

Then I replaced my fork seals, and had some fun with that.

Installed the battery and rode her home.

Later that night I brought the carbs inside and really went to town and got all the screws/bolts undone and completely striped them, cleaned them, leveled the floats, and put em back together. The next day, I synced them and she sure does purr now.

All in all, a great weekend for my Max, and I know she appreciated the work.

Put a few more things back together, cleaned up a couple more things and should be starting her up for the first time this season over the weekend!

Attachments

• CAM00206.jpg
    CAM00206.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 25
  • CAM00202.jpg
    CAM00202.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 28
I installed the backrest. I hate backrests and travel bags / boxes hanging all over a bike (just my opinion, I know). It just makes it look like a go-slow, old man cruiser.
But I'm taking my kids places now, and they love the backrest on it. I suppose it's really a peace-of-mind thing for me also.

Well not anything directly to the Vmax.....but did go thru Houston yesterday, and bought a shim kit from Don "old man" Smith. Sharp individual.....with a helluva bike. It was interesting picking his brain for a bit.

That must have been great to meet Don. He helped me out a lot in my early years with my bike. He's full of mechanical knowledge. His bike would be a great one for someone.
Steve-o

I installed the backrest. I hate backrests and travel bags / boxes hanging all over a bike (just my opinion, I know). It just makes it look like a go-slow, old man cruiser.
But I'm taking my kids places now, and they love the backrest on it. I suppose it's really a peace-of-mind thing for me also.
Backrests, travel bags, boxes.....what about pots and pans?
My bike IS a go-slow, old man cruiser. Sometimes.
But I be likin' it!:punk:
Cheers!

Attachments

• Jed's truck.jpg
    Jed's truck.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 36
Cheers!

Miles, whenever I have a passenger against my backrest, the front tire gets very little wear, because of the propensity for the front to levitate repeatedly every time I get on the gas. Fortunately, those times are infrequent, (carrying a passenger) so the tire does get its share of even wear circumferentially.

What about these on a bike?

[QUOTE

Miles, whenever I have a passenger against my backrest, the front tire gets very little wear, because of the propensity for the front to levitate repeatedly every time I get on the gas. Fortunately, those times are infrequent, (carrying a passenger) so the tire does get its share of even wear circumferentially.

What about these on a bike?

With those on my bike, methinks the last thoughts on my mind would be even tire wear. Just sayin'
Ride safe and attentive, my friend!

Pulled the back wheel off and dropped it at my local shop. They are ordering me an Avon Storm 2 160/60R18. Should have her back together before next weekend.

While I am waiting I think I'll install the HID in my new headlight.

Cheers!
But what about the "pan" up front that's always there? Did you ever thank the former owner for the d o n a t i o n?:biglaugh:

But what about the "pan" up front that's always there? Did you ever thank the former owner for the d o n a t i o n?:biglaugh:
Yup, she's finally over it.
Now she's looking for her 12 inch aluminum mixing bowl,:ummm: that has been "repurposed" into a light shade for a round florescent fixture, in the workshop.

Back