What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the suggestion Firemedic, but im too anti harley to have a shield or anything for a hardley on my bike, lol. Im just going for something to see me through for a lil while as i build the funds to get the light i want on there.

The H-D bar & shield is inconspicuous. What is the thing you need is an unfluted lens because it's the reflector surface that is fluted & not the clear lens itself. That and the reflector 'cap' between the clear front lens and the reflector surface is what makes the pattern. I haven't tried a HID system though it may be something I try one day. I have used the ddmtuning sets on other vehicles and liked them.

More light & safety are what I was after. It could have a hammer & sickle for all I care. I'm sure there are other 7" clear lenses out there but this mod was a very cost-effective one. what is the mother of invention, after all? And I'm not speaking of weasel dust here.

Thanks for the suggestion Firemedic, but im too anti harley to have a shield or anything for a hardley on my bike, lol. Im just going for something to see me through for a lil while as i build the funds to get the light i want on there.

Adding Harley parts ain't too bad for a bike. When I mounted a Harley drag bar to the Shadow I used to have, I only lost 25hp and developed three oil leaks!

Adding Harley parts ain't too bad for a bike. When I mounted a Harley drag bar to the Shadow I used to have, I only lost 25hp and developed three oil leaks!

:rofl_200:

Harley Davidson The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the pesky
side effect of horsepower.

As I own a Harley I can say 1st hand how overpriced & under powered they are but it does keep me out of trouble as it never even makes you want to twist the throttle.

I walked to the street to help the guy get my bike off the truck. Then we walked it down the alley and parked it in the back of the house. I got to sit on it and make vroom vroom noises while I pulled the levers and twisted the throttle since my wife hasn't sent me the keys yet. She's been totally swamped at school.

Polished up my new to me luggage rack and installed. Only thing im not happy with is the brackets were in too bad of shape to polish and i dont feel like sanding that crap, so i painted them black for now.

ab552aff4b16e45c09cc95875b27c2c6.jpg

Went for a ride, and was getting some unusual noise from the front end. creeping along at idle in 1st, it felt like something was not right, and it seemed to be in time with wheel rotation. Tires are in excellent shape and same with the brake rotors. Thinking it might be the wheel bearings. Gonna have the shop check it out in the morning.

Fortunately, if the bearings do need replacing, this will only cost me about $80 or so. I would do it myself, but I do not have the means to get the front end off the ground, other than using judicious amounts of HP...

Got in from work took the bike for a ride... I order a new slave cylinder today to I think that's the only my be old on the bike now.

Check out the is van and trike.

Attachments

• IMG_20150317_105342_596.jpg
    IMG_20150317_105342_596.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20150412_143407_158.jpg
    IMG_20150412_143407_158.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20150321_120528_104.jpg
    IMG_20150321_120528_104.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20150321_120357_622.jpg
    IMG_20150321_120357_622.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 52
Wonder how much he pays for a wash & wax?

attachment.php

Looks like a '58 Fleetwood donated its rear fenders, and a '52 Chevy or Dodge, too. The roofline reminds me of the Kremlin.
images

images
images
attachment.php

Here's an art car (well, a truck) I saw recently in Miami. The live bromeliads are a nice tropical touch.

This afternoon gonna pull off the painted parts of my '85. Tomorrow is its 30th anniversary, and afriend offered me a paint job in payment for storage of a 1962 VW dune buggy. I also got it running for him. Godzilla's gonna be black soon. Tomorrows also my 65th..

Last edited:
Got in from work took the bike for a ride... I order a new slave cylinder today to I think that's the only my be old on the bike now.

What type of bars are you running? They look like drag bars. I was thinking of switching back to mine but everything seems so cramped.

What makes tomorrow the 85's anniversary? Production started? hit the showroom floor....? Just curios.
Happy Birthday Bill and to your Vmax and mine also !!

Headlight crown sanded and clear coated and re-installed.
Broken front turn signals replaced.

Attachments

• Crown-front-turn-signals-1.jpg
    Crown-front-turn-signals-1.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 17
Back