What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, 'only' 100 hp. :biglaugh:

Hope you stick around here, and keep us updated on your new toy.

Thanks again, Jayhawk. The VMax is a fine bike but it's the great people here that keeps me visiting this forum. I really like reading about what's going on with the riders, their stories, jokes, upgrades, events. I hope to stick around...at least until Buster gives me the boot! I hope to get in on some of the local rides, especially that NE Pizza Run next year!

Cheers!

Blaine

How much does it weigh ? I heard you can boost the HP up to 140 w/o a whole lot of $ .

Hi. Suzuki Canada says the 1250 Bandit "curb weight" (all fluids, battery, full tank of gas) is 595 lbs. This is for the touring model with ABS. An online review from the UK says the dry weight is 505 lbs. 80 lbs of torque at 3700 rpm is nice!

Blaine

I rode mine to work with a friend on a carpet cleaning job and on the way home, the fuel light came on at 100 mi.
Think I`ll get over to Fargo`s place and switch the mains back from 152.5`s to 150`s and see if I can squeeze a few more miles out of her.
<<Dave>>:eusa_dance:

I'm running the stock 152.5 with my K&N and Jardines slip-ons, and on the first tank since my tank swap / cleanup, I got 110 (!) miles to the low fuel light for the first time ever, and that was all in town and back roads riding - no highway. :biglaugh:

I can't wait to do a highway run and see if I can finally hit the magical 120 miles b4 red light... :worthy:

BTW, the Yamaha Service Manual shows stock main jets for the front cylinders @ 150, and for the rear cylinders @ 152.5 for the VMX12N(1985) and VMX12S(1986) models. Has anyone ever seen this IRL? All Maxxes I've looked at have always had 4 identical main jets. :ummm:

By 1987 (VMX12U), they were changed to all 4 @ 152.5 :confused2:

Attachments

• jets.jpg
    jets.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 9
I'm running the stock 152.5 with my K&N and Jardines slip-ons, and on the first tank since my tank swap / cleanup, I got 110 (!) miles to the low fuel light for the first time ever, and that was all in town and back roads riding - no highway. :biglaugh:

I can't wait to do a highway run and see if I can finally hit the magical 120 miles b4 red light... :worthy:

BTW, the Yamaha Service Manual shows stock main jets for the front cylinders @ 150, and for the rear cylinders @ 152.5 for the VMX12N(1985) and VMX12S(1986) models. Has anyone ever seen this IRL? All Maxxes I've looked at have always had 4 identical main jets. :ummm:

By 1987 (VMX12U), they were changed to all 4 @ 152.5 :confused2:

very interesting. i know that the fronts were similar in their a/f screw settings, and as were the rears, but they were about 2-3 turns apart. makes sense on an a/f exhaust as the headers are different lengths, but not so much on the stock?

Fixing to head out & start prepping my extra set of body work for paint I was hopeing I would be able to get a scratched up right scoop before I started painting but I am tired of looking at it so I will do the scoops later.

I honked my horn for my son. I've ridden it once in the last two weeks so I need to get it out!

Began the process of stripping Toxic down for a frame up mini restoration. Going to re-powdercoat the frame, engine, radiator, etc. Will be working on all sorts of other things and getting it ready for the winter show season. Have 3 bike shows this winter so I need to get started now.

So here's where I am at with my "remove-everything-and-try-to-remember-what-goes-where" first crack at motorcycle overhauling:

IMG_7179.jpg

Next up: Swingarm (need a larger socket - what is it 20mm? 21mm?), Radiator (still haven't drained the coolant. I guess I'll need to wait until she's back together before flushing), Carbs (I'm kinda dreading opening that can o worms). I pulled the fuel tank tonight and it is so full of rust that I can hear the flakes swirling around when I swing the tank. I put a new fuel filter in a couple hundred miles ago and it is already clogged with rust particles.

hey man, those swingarm bolts are 27mm. same as your rear axle nut. the harbor freight gear wrench knock off for $12 ro whatever has come in wicked handy for me. same size as the top nut on the triple

I took most of my wiring apart yesterday, put it all back together today, and still have the same problem: when Christine gets hot she refuses to turn off - ignition switch off and key in my pocket and she's still running..

I took most of my wiring apart yesterday, put it all back together today, and still have the same problem: when Christine gets hot she refuses to turn off - ignition switch off and key in my pocket and she's still running..

It will turn off when cold but not when hot?????

It really IS Christine:rofl_200:

I returned Sallymax to her OEM set-up by re-installing the factory mufflers, removing all shims from the needles and replacing the 167.5 PAJ2 jets with stock 170's.

She really likes this set-up, runs smooth, cooler and has strong smooth accelleration.

I keep revving it at stop signs cause I think it's stalled, but other than that.......................:thumbs up:

Latest posts

Back