What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i've never had a problem with it until today tho!. i found out later i had stepped in something sticky and had a few wet leaves stuck to the bottom of my shoe, probably why it slipped.

coulda been a lot worse, so i guess i can't complain too much!

thanks man... yea i think its all good, just curious on the handlebars, but i did a few different measurements and they're all equal on the sides.

so refitted all the parts. also cracked my mirrors (also have spares of those too). so everythings back as it should be. re-fitted my handguards and they're working much better too. clutch side needs a bit of adjustment tho. need to figure out how to bend the mount, not sure if its aluminum or steel since its p/c.

so refitted all the parts. also cracked my mirrors (also have spares of those too). so everythings back as it should be. re-fitted my handguards and they're working much better too. clutch side needs a bit of adjustment tho. need to figure out how to bend the mount, not sure if its aluminum or steel since its p/c.

Aw, Bummer Garrett!! This is the first I heard of it, glad you got everything back pretty much as before....like you said, could have much worse.

On the steel, aluminum question....try a magnet, that'll tell you which metal it is.

If you need anything, let me know, I might have it.

Aw, Bummer Garrett!! This is the first I heard of it, glad you got everything back pretty much as before....like you said, could have much worse.

On the steel, aluminum question....try a magnet, that'll tell you which metal it is.

If you need anything, let me know, I might have it.

yea i know man. been busy this week off! i gotta shoot ya an email here soon.

anyways yea i hadn't tried one yet but i tlooks pretty well coated so i wasn't sure if it didn't show a magnetic reading if that would prove anything.

i like to keep spares of levers/mirrors and the like so i was actually well prepared. these som bitches are heavy aren't they!

I got in a 80 miler in today! It was chilly @ 38-40 degrees but sunny so it wasn't too bad. It felt good to feel the boost!
Sorry to hear of the tip over Garrett, and glad to hear that you had what you needed to get back in shape.

With the headlight and turnsignal assembies off, I took some measurements. I want a "floating" look to the dual headlights.

I also took some measurements and later on I'm going to fire up AutoCAD and design a bracket to mount the N2O purge on the forks. The dual exits for the fog will pop out on each side of the lower tree's where it says yamaha. I have to clean up the wiring for the red LED pods I built that will illuminate the fog when the button is pressed.

Painted the purge solenoid a metallic red candy. I know it should have been blue being nitrous and all, but the red matches the rest of the red on the bike perfectly.

With the headlight and turnsignal assembies off, I took some measurements. I want a "floating" look to the dual headlights.

I also took some measurements and later on I'm going to fire up AutoCAD and design a bracket to mount the N2O purge on the forks. The dual exits for the fog will pop out on each side of the lower tree's where it says yamaha. I have to clean up the wiring for the red LED pods I built that will illuminate the fog when the button is pressed.

Painted the purge solenoid a metallic red candy. I know it should have been blue being nitrous and all, but the red matches the rest of the red on the bike perfectly.

That sounds terrific. Should be a bike night hit. :punk:

Got the coolant flushed yesterday, and ended up giving Engine Ice a try. Might do it again before it gets hot here in Dallas, though.

Just came in from changing the right-side plugs. If I get energetic, maybe I'll post pics of them for your comments. Left-side plugs, tomorrow.

Pulled the rear seat, and rear turnsignals. Tomorrow the rear fender and license plate holder comes off and they all go on eBay.

What the hell are you doing man?!?!?!?:ummm:

Changing my look :biglaugh:, looks like the instument cowel and the stock headlight are going to sell, so now its time to tear down the back half.
Just got done a bit ago, removing the grab bar.

Changing my look :biglaugh:, looks like the instument cowel and the stock headlight are going to sell, so now its time to tear down the back half.
Just got done a bit ago, removing the grab bar.

the STOCK grab bar?!?!?!?!:ummm:

And it's going on Ebay???

In it's own auction or with something else???

Probably it's own auction. Once I get it sorted out and photographed here is the list of stuff so far.
  • Stock Rear seat
  • Stock Grab-bar
  • Sock rear fender
  • LED Brake/Tail light (if Hellion dosn't want it)
  • Factory instrument cowel (already on eBay)
  • factory headlight assembly (already on eBay)
Everything is like brand new.

Back