What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rick, is it the first time u've had her out since the back end was apart a good 10 times?

wait nvm we went out sunday. something maybe not tightened 100%?

I think I'm hearing a clue here........yup, it's definitely a clue!!! :hmmm:

The seat is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

The salt on the road sucks:damn angry:

That salt is the worst shit....ever!! Gets in behind bolts & brackets and slowly gnaws at your bike all winter long!!

It keeps me awake at night thinking about it.

Neil Young had it right....."Rust Never Sleeps"!

60 deg. right now....where the hell did this come from? Prolly be in the 20's by suppertime!! :bang head:

I think I'm hearing a clue here........yup, it's definitely a clue!!! :hmmm:

haha full disclosure should be here by end of weekend!

That salt is the worst shit....ever!! Gets in behind bolts & brackets and slowly gnaws at your bike all winter long!!

It keeps me awake at night thinking about it.

Neil Young had it right....."Rust Never Sleeps"!

60 deg. right now....where the hell did this come from? Prolly be in the 20's by suppertime!! :bang head:

yea, its almost 70 here! it was really windy and raining really hard, now thw sun's coming out too. weird day.

installed a dirt catcher rick and I (read: rick, while i fumbled around) haha fab'ed up over thanksgiving weekend. it looks pretty nice so far.

its 1/8" diamond plated aluminum. just a prototype so far. this weekend i'm gonna rework my motorcycle mods taillight and mount my license plate to the dirt catcher... maybe KJ can do a quick photoshop to show me what it will look like....

rick was saying he'd want to go 3/16" if he were to do it again...

Attachments

• 2009-12-03 18.54.29.jpg
    2009-12-03 18.54.29.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 2009-12-03 18.54.42.jpg
    2009-12-03 18.54.42.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 2009-12-03 18.54.53.jpg
    2009-12-03 18.54.53.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 2009-12-03 18.55.18.jpg
    2009-12-03 18.55.18.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 2009-12-03 18.55.51.jpg
    2009-12-03 18.55.51.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 20
installed a dirt catcher

Interesting ... and what will that do exactly? Prevent the dirt from getting on the underside of the rear fender or prevent the dirt from shooting off into the windshield of the car behind you ... or something else?

It certainly looks cool, regardless of its function.

Interesting ... and what will that do exactly? Prevent the dirt from getting on the underside of the rear fender or prevent the dirt from shooting off into the windshield of the car behind you ... or something else?

It certainly looks cool, regardless of its function.

haha as far as functionaly, i doubt ti will 'catch' any 'dirt'. its purely cosmetic in my mind. plus i can mount my lic plate there which i think will give it a very one-off look

Nice job!! :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

That looks really cool! :clapping:

thanks danny. i know the suspense was killing ya!

prototype!still some bugs.

it looks better in person than the pics. the flash (b/c at night obviously) reflects of any little inperfection.

also forgot to mention that rick (and I), but mainly rick (twistedmax) would be interested in making more if people like 'em. would probably need another prototype tho to get the final kinks worked out eh rick?

Put EBC brake pads on the rear. Cant break them in though, IT is actually snowing in HOUSTON today. This sux.

Well boys it's snowin but not stickin' to the ground here in Ct. My good buddy and I decided to take a rip on the bikes for a good cold 45 min. or so and man that was pretty awesome.....Now i'm gonna go have me a manhattan and CHILL OUT...literally :punk:

KJ, what kind of tire is that ? Looks awesome

my tire? eh photoshopped that picture, look a few posts up. its a shinko tm 170

Well boys it's snowin but not stickin' to the ground here in Ct. My good buddy and I decided to take a rip on the bikes for a good cold 45 min. or so and man that was pretty awesome.....Now i'm gonna go have me a manhattan and CHILL OUT...literally :punk:

musta been fun. worried about sand or salt?

Back