What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went for a 400 mile ride today and noticed at about 2/3 the way into the ride that the left side of the rear wheel was splattered with oil. :bang head:

Looks like my diff started to leak, but not sure exactly where it's coming from yet. Cleaned it up as best I could and continued on back home.

Will to look into it further tomorrow.

Mike

Going for a 6" rear rim, eh?
Who you have lined up for the work

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The front forks I will sort out, I'm still undecided on what route to take. As far as the rear rim, Lary @ LCR will be doing that. I've seen plenty of his work, and know it will look good when done. Plus, he is an hour +\- from me, which is great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The front forks I will sort out, I'm still undecided on what route to take. As far as the rear rim, Lary @ LCR will be doing that. I've seen plenty of his work, and know it will look good when done. Plus, he is an hour +\- from me, which is great.

Here's her new wheels
a716e9408cfb2e950969e7fda208b4ec.jpg

Larry is who was doing the Cycle One Off wheels if you want to see what they look like,

Yep, they look like the fz wheels. I've seen a few of them at his shop. I can't wait to get the busa wheels on. They feel so much lighter, but it's been a while since I had my stock ones off lol

Yep, they look like the fz wheels. I've seen a few of them at his shop. I can't wait to get the busa wheels on. They feel so much lighter, but it's been a while since I had my stock ones off lol

I was looking at a set of Busa wheels Sunday at Rice-O- Rama Sunday. They look like a good donor for Vmax conversion. They felt light to. Can you post a pic when you mount them?

I was looking at a set of Busa wheels Sunday at Rice-O- Rama Sunday. They look like a good donor for Vmax conversion. They felt light to. Can you post a pic when you mount them?

Yes, I most definitely will. It won't be for a couple months, but you will definitely get pics lol. If you could have got them cheap You should have grabbed them lol.

Changed out the spark plugs on my 91 after running them for 2 seasons. I have to figure out why my #2 cylinder gets so hot that the rubber plug boot melted a little. No other cylinder shows this.

Changed out the spark plugs on my 91 after running them for 2 seasons. I have to figure out why my #2 cylinder gets so hot that the rubber plug boot melted a little. No other cylinder shows this.

Maybe the FS (lean)is in to far?

Finally finished the Lolly pop delete.
I saw a guy on youtube from over in the UK and put the led switch backs in the scoops and put them in the rear where the reflector was.
He was very helpful in what to get as I couldn't find them over here.
Here a poor vid of it.

The LED replacement headlight bulb is next.

watch

Each cylinder can have a slightly different fuel demand which can be a number of different reasons. It's common for the mix screws to be different.

I'll try that and give it a test run tomorrow.. I'll bring my temp gun to take some readings before and after adjusting the screw. I'll post the results tomorrow. Thanks all. I've been looking for a replacement boot on ebay.. Only full sets of wires and boots from NGK..

Ok , I wasn't done doing things to it!

The new Givi came in!

Attachments

• vmax.jpg
    vmax.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 49
Finished installing the COPs and Dyna 3000. New battery should be in today. Good excuse to leave work early. Carb parts for the 88 Max are stuck in Jacksonville. :ummm:

Attachments

• 20170912_194327.jpg
    20170912_194327.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 20170912_194339.jpg
    20170912_194339.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 21

Latest posts

Back