What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rode to Watkins Glen today. On the way there on rt 414 there was an accident, involving a bike from the pack ahead of us. Didn’t look like he made it, but there isn’t any news on it yet either. But what peaked my interest was a Vmax that joined for a few miles. Maybe a member here? Shit green color Vmax with yellow hand guards, and a yellow helmet to match them. Rides like an asshole, weaving in between riders. Sound like anyone we have on here??

I've learned to identify those riders very quickly and stay the hell away from them. Every one of them is on borrowed time.

I've learned to identify those riders very quickly and stay the hell away from them. Every one of them is on borrowed time.

Yep...we weren’t impressed to say the least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installed the 4-2 early Dale Walker Hole Shots I got off a member here. I rattled canned the cans black. Its a real PIA to get to those rear header studs. Had to take out the battery and all.

Hadnt had a chance to even start her up. I was running a 4-2-1 UFO type system, so expect these to sound similar. Just like the balanced look for now.

Attachments

• IMG_20170925_212042433.jpg
    IMG_20170925_212042433.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20170925_212029021.jpg
    IMG_20170925_212029021.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 26
Well I've been busy and finally done with the rear of the bike.
This is the Custom Led Grom tail light the sneaks under the grab rail.
It's VERY well made AND made rt here in NJ! :eusa_dance:
I had to make 3 - 7/8" holes in the plate and removed the black support.
I also made a bracket out of aluminum to hold it in place.
It's VERY bright AND it does 3 quick flashes then stays on high when the brakes are applied!
Signal are in it also.
What do you think?
I don't know why they come up sideways! :bang head:
Looks good!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Installed the 4-2 early Dale Walker Hole Shots I got off a member here. I rattled canned the cans black. Its a real PIA to get to those rear header studs. Had to take out the battery and all.

Hadnt had a chance to even start her up. I was running a 4-2-1 UFO type system, so expect these to sound similar. Just like the balanced look for now.
You've been busy!
Bike is lookin' good!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the info guys.
Was the temp diff on the same cover or the rear cam cover was warmer/cooler then the front?
Same cover. Temp was reading different from the front valve area vs the rear.
4 degrees? I wouldn't worry too much about that.
Agreed.
4 degrees?! Do not think about it again.
True
doesn't work with the stock head pipes......they are double walled.
Yes.. I noticed that when I had to cut the old rusted ones out to replace them with a better stock set.

Also, I don't think that 4 degrees would cause a 26 year old rubber plug cap to slightly melt. The original reason for the question was because I found that my #2 cylinder spark plug cap was a little melted at the base. the two rear cylinders looked fine. #4 had a tiny melt spot on the bottom of the plug boot. I found it odd that the 2 front cylinders got hot enough to do that. NOTE: I did take a trip thru Manhattan which was stop and go traffic on a 90+ degree day. Moving no faster than 7 MPH. The fan didn't stop and the bike got so hot that it shut off on me once, taking off from a green light. I filled up before my trip.. That day, I only got 47 Miles to my tank.. It was horrible.

I found some pics on-line of the same melting on plug boots.. Some say that if its an older boot, the rubber can't take the heat like it used too.

So,, I purchased a full set of NGK plug boots on Amazon after reading great reviews and one was from a Vmax owner..:biglaugh:

Installed Holeshot Frame Braces. Will try them out tomorrow. I like the look they give to the bike.

Attachments

• 20170927_192852.jpg
    20170927_192852.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 32
Two new Shinkos. Installed on a '93 w/10K miles. May sell it. All-stock, bought it from a 75 year-old guy who had two other bikes, a Gilroy CA Indian, and a WLA '42 H-D flathead chopper, a vintage 1970's build, it looks to me, Hallcrafters wheels, Joe Hunt magneto, front springer, w/a spool hub; disc brake on the rear, coffin tank.

I have a new rear turnsignal stem for the VMax, the cosmetics are decent for a '93, appears to have lived in a garage.

Attachments

• Shinko 1.jpg
    Shinko 1.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Shinko 2.jpg
    Shinko 2.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 1993 VMax II.jpg
    1993 VMax II.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 24
  • WLA.jpg
    WLA.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 23
Looking for the drain tube screws on 86 vmax diagram, cannot find them, somebody got better eyes than I do? Which item is it in the parts fiche? Got some seepage on mine.

The hawg started running like a 650. Got bad readings on the two front coils so I changed them out. Put a dyna 3000 on it and changed the fuel pump. After changing all that crap when I did the first engine run, no fuel pump, had been working fine and thumping the fuel out. So, I wiggled the wires at the end cover and it thumped once blowing some bubbles in fuel line. That was the end of it. Runs fine now, but I am still looking for those pipe drain screws on the parts fiche.

Thanks there Traumahawk, which item is that screw in the parts fiche? I see one in the upper right hand part of the fiche for 8 bucks and some cents, but am not sure if that is the one. It also shows no washer or seal, when you look at the screw on other models it shows a seal or washer underneath. So I need the item number off the fiche for the screw and seal if there is one. But, I need to know which item numbers they are.

I celebrated 2 years with the BorgMax by ordering new Metzler Marathons. I put these on at 7100 miles, and now with over 15,000 on them, they are nearing end-of-life. 8000 miles of use isn't too bad. I'm really happy I wore them down evenly, not just eh center section. Chicken stripes were minimal, hope the new Me888 is at least as good as the 880's were.

Back