What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got it from Irfan @ wild hair. It was $275 shipped because I sprung for the carbon one. I think Mek makes them for a 17 inch wheel with a 180/55. When I installed it, it was an RCH away from the tire. I bent it, flipped the hardware, and after some goofin' with it, it fit without tire contact.

I got it from Irfan @ wild hair. It was $275 shipped because I sprung for the carbon one. I think Mek makes them for a 17 inch wheel with a 180/55. When I installed it, it was an RCH away from the tire. I bent it, flipped the hardware, and after some goofin' with it, it fit without tire contact.

well it looks SICK either way

Took the clutch cover off of the bike and replaced the friction disks. I do believe that my clutch plates are going to need to be beadblasted, but my friend who can do it doesn't have access to the machinery until next week sometime. The bike is sitting in the garage immobilized ATM. Apparently the "clutch cover" is on the left side of the bike, at least that's what the person at the dealership who ordered the gasket for me said. Should have the CORRECT gasket tomorrow, and can't wait to get it on so I can test out these new discs!

When I installed it, it was an RCH away from the tire. I bent it, flipped the hardware, and after some goofin' with it, it fit without tire contact.

so, has it 'caught' anything yet? :rofl_200::rofl_200:

some good glances from all of us, for sure :biglaugh:

Bikes loox sick. :clapping:

Tried out that vacume E.Q.setup and I don`t know if I`m useing too big of tubing or what :confused2:but the Idle goes up and down only about 100 rpm but, the throttle response is great, way better than beforewith no hesitations.:eusa_dance:
I haven`t road tested it yet cause the battery was dead from sitting for days :bang head: but, I figured that while I was at it I should change the thermostat for one that opens at 180 degrees F. so, I did.
Hopfully that will solve any heating problems too.
<<Dave>>:punk:

Sonnofabitch. This inspires me to pull my DC off the shelf and try again, it does look effing rad when you can get it installed.

Got my fuel pump to quit clicking EVERY time I turn the bike on - big thanks to everyone who helped. I documented it in the HOW TO section.

Sonnofabitch. This inspires me to pull my DC off the shelf and try again, it does look effing rad when you can get it installed.

haha may or may not be what inspired me to shoot you a pm. hopefully u get it on & working bud!

Spent a couple hours this morning polishing on the crown piece over the headlight. It's not done but it's almost ready for the wheel. My wrist is killing me, good thing I didn't get ambitious and go for the scoops.

Went to auto zone to get my charged battery and re connected the vacume E.Q. with oem hose (from lowe`s) and smaller "T`S" so, it works better now but it`s too damn hot to ride it right now so i`ll wait a couple hours before I terrorize the streets.

75deg today, so I went for a short ride and to a outdoor car show. Some nice rides but pretty sparce when it came to bikes. My max wasn't in the show but when I left there was about 8 ppl gathered around it :biglaugh:

It was a different show, not a bunch of customs or restores but quite a few new cars, Stangs, Vipers, Vettes. I did like the shelby gt500 though and the black viper coupe. But I pretty much wandered through the old restored rides and hot rods. What I thought was cool was the pro-street '69 coronet wagon.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 20
hottest day i've had the '03 out yet. picked her up in october last yr and i think it got to 95 today. one stop on the trek out, she wouldn't start back up. had to have the girl give it a little push. started right up and no more issues the rest of the day.

sounded like the battery or starter. i'm guessing the battery. its oem from '03. haha. ordered an oddysey, i shouldn't have any more issues.

checked the voltage a little while after i got home. w/out load (lights or anything) it was 12.8. put the tender on her for the night and i'll get some readings tomorrow as well and check the fluid levels.

I had to go into the office today to get some paperwork, since there was no precip in the forecast (it was overcast at the time) I decided to take the Max :) It's almost an hour in and an hour back home. Ran into some damp fog with 5 minutes left on the ride there. Ride home was clear and sunny. Max worked great! Highway cruise speed - 130Kmh, max speed - 180Kmh

checked m ybattery... all the cells save one were dry. put some distilled water in and charged her up to have her last until the odyssey comes in. ran good today to work tho (uh on a sunday)... when looking at the battery, one of my rear coils has a decent crack in it, th eothe rlooks like a surface crack. PMed birdoprey about COPS. did some research, couldn't find if he was selling a kit or not. hopefully he is...

I don`t mean to hijack the thread but, I installed a thermostat that opens at 180 degrees F. and my bike still heats up to 220 degrees and, with the fan on it stays around 205-210 Is this normal ?:confused2: if it`s 100 degrees out side ?:ummm:

Yep, that's normal. If you want the coolant to be cooler you need to put a cooler fan switch or a manual fan switch. The thermostat opening early only allows coolant to flow through the radiator at an earlier temperature.

Yep, that's normal. If you want the coolant to be cooler you need to put a cooler fan switch or a manual fan switch. The thermostat opening early only allows coolant to flow through the radiator at an earlier temperature.
I also have a manual fan switch which I activate at about 185-190 degrees
so,thats why I asked, just curious.

Latest posts

Back