What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was busy. Front caliper upgrade, new carb and air box boots and clamps, breather hose. Shot gunned and synced thhe carbs, tweeked the mixture screws a little. Test fit R1 cops but held off to go for a little ride. Got to say I'm happy about results.
Steve

Re: Sun Super Tack-3 5" Monster Tack

Hey folks:

Blitch mentioned the "Auto zone sells a Sun Super Tack-3 5" Monster Tack with a shift light for 100.00. And that is all you spend........Period. It has a Chrome Bezel, white Face to match the Factory speedo,, and is Beautiful !!!"

I'm interested in doing this too...I looked on the Autozone website but couldn't find this tach...do you happen to have the tach's part #?

Thanks!

Elimax

How about 90.00 BUCKS LOL ~~~ Here you go !!!!!!!!!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001M51IDK...e=380333&creativeASIN=B001M51IDK&linkCode=asn

Re: Sun Super Tack-3 5" Monster Tack

Today I finished putting the carbs back together, and reassembled everything. Had a play with the Tboost but it didn't wanna work, took it all off and then the Vboost looked like it didn't work either! :damn angry: Cycling fine, but not opening at 6k!? :confused2:

Frustrated, I put everything back in place, covers seat etc, and then apparently Vboos came back to life. Some wiring thing's going on..

Went for an 80-mile ride to and around Lake Apopka, lovely warm evening and just missed the rain at the end of it. Bike IS running GREAT again, so happy. I need to f**k off that crappy rear Dunlop tire - it span at every single traffic light in the wet!

Last edited:
congrads NG, i know its been a pita, hopefully it stays that way.

Ya took it to work today, and hit 100 miles on the clock and no reserve light yet!

It does run SO much better, and all for just swapping that rusty tank and cleaning everything! :eusa_dance:

Lemme take my spare carbs apart tomorrow, I know the slides are free but I haven't actually looked at the diaphragms yet. And since someone else here may need some soon too, it's a good time for me to check these out.

Anyone else for random carb parts?

just kind of funny to hear u ask what price sean. if i were in ng's shoes i'd have to ask u what to sell them to u @.

Lemme take my spare carbs apart tomorrow, I know the slides are free but I haven't actually looked at the diaphragms yet. And since someone else here may need some soon too, it's a good time for me to check these out.

Anyone else for random carb parts?
I am always needing some little part after you look & give Sean first shot at the choke diaphrams I might go ahead & make you some kind of deal on the rest of the carbs & parts.

just a question, on carbs, on diaphragm covers.

can they be powdercoated?

who makes the clear ones?

Back