What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
he cut those on a c&c machine or something garrett????

ordered up a new set of handle bars and bar end mirrors. not sure how i will like the bar end mirrors but worth a try.

he cut those on a c&c machine or something garrett????

ordered up a new set of handle bars and bar end mirrors. not sure how i will like the bar end mirrors but worth a try.

he doesn't have a C&C machine so he did them by hand i believe, i honestly didn't ask him.. maybe he'll reply here soon.

I like everything but the Spikes... Ouch, I know one would eventually work it's way to the bone in some part of my body...:rofl_200:

do you have anymore specifics on the horn model? definitely interested

Not much to realy go with except it was hanging on the shelf. Acccording to the package it puts out 100-115 decibels, just a generic "Disc" type POS made in China but for $12 so what if it needs replaceing later lol. The OEM one at Bikebandit is too much $.

There's allot of options out there and most are pretty cheap, just make sure it has the two spade connectors that will allow your stock leads to slip on. I had to take the nuts and the bracket off of it and use my OEM ones to make it fit but it was an easy 5 minute job.

If it goes out on me later on, I'll just look for a louder and more "Blingy" version in one in the Auto parts stores again:biglaugh:

Just ordered me a 5 line set of these Speigler Red/ Red lines from "Wild hair" with the matching Red anodized Banjo bolts....should go well with the red highlights on my bike, little by little I'll get there.
brakelines.jpg

I also finished dressing up my carb covers with some new NAVY Chief "Pride" coins. I used black permatex gasket maker as an adhesive and baked at 400 for an hour, It's is as strong as JB weld (used it for years to make home made crank case covers on dirt bikes). The wife did not appreciate the smell but I love the look.

carbart.jpg

I've gotten so many great tips and Ideas from you guys i think I'm gonna have a hard as hell time ever stopping with the Mods
here's my work in progress.
maxine.jpg

Pulled my carbs off my 85 as it was running bad on the ride yerterday. The carbs had already been rebuilt when I got the bike but apparently some one did not know everything was supposed to be more than finger tight. I pulled the airbox this morning & looked in number 3 carb & saw the needle jet sticking in to the carb so I pulled the bowls off of all of them & there was nothing really snug.

I like everything but the Spikes... Ouch, I know one would eventually work it's way to the bone in some part of my body...:rofl_200:

haha i hear ya. not saying you're doing that but i had a guy on a moto guzzi pull up to me at lowes and try to lecture me on them. i didn't mind what he was saying, but just how he was saying it...

Not much to realy go with except it was hanging on the shelf. Acccording to the package it puts out 100-115 decibels, just a generic "Disc" type POS made in China but for $12 so what if it needs replaceing later lol. The OEM one at Bikebandit is too much $.

There's allot of options out there and most are pretty cheap, just make sure it has the two spade connectors that will allow your stock leads to slip on. I had to take the nuts and the bracket off of it and use my OEM ones to make it fit but it was an easy 5 minute job.

If it goes out on me later on, I'll just look for a louder and more "Blingy" version in one in the Auto parts stores again:biglaugh:

i'll take a look next time i'm there, thnx man

so the cool new ecliptech shift light worked awesome. however i made the mistake of running it in 'battery indication' mode for the first few minutes, which scared me because i was seeing like 13V at idle and when i revv'd it the voltage dropped. read some things online and that doesn't seen all that abnormal. furthermore though i've never once had an issue with the bike not starting or lack of power so i may just not worry about it. should probably do the crimp fix at some point too though.

oh sweet. is that what he does for work or part time? if he would chime in i could ask him myself i guess hahaha. isnt everyone up at 3am back east hahaha still super bright here at midnight, sun just about to rise again above the hills. still blue sky with bit of red

oh sweet. is that what he does for work or part time? if he would chime in i could ask him myself i guess hahaha. isnt everyone up at 3am back east hahaha still super bright here at midnight, sun just about to rise again above the hills. still blue sky with bit of red

Nah!! We live like moles here Rov....you know that!

Garrett....Ben's got a good eye, I like the his work! :clapping:

not even part time, just a hobby. he went to RIT for industrial design and he does some amazing work. he's working as a designer right now, hes done some cool stuff. created his own vacuum forming rig at the house and a powdercoating booth.

Nah!! We live like moles here Rov....you know that!

Garrett....Ben's got a good eye, I like the his work! :clapping:

me too! his 'blacked out vmax' had some inspiration i guess! hehe...

when he came up for the wedding you shoulda seen him eyeing my bike looking what else he could turn black.

really p/c booth eh :hmmm:. well he's gotta post pics to make it official. whats his name on the forum i forget from the other post we were helping him with. wasnt it brake or clutch bleeding issues?

moles thats right, better then mushrooms eh dan, you know kept in the dark and fed shit all the time hahahah

really p/c booth eh :hmmm:. well he's gotta post pics to make it official. whats his name on the forum i forget from the other post we were helping him with. wasnt it brake or clutch bleeding issues?

moles thats right, better then mushrooms eh dan, you know kept in the dark and fed shit all the time hahahah

haha hes got 'em on facebook. here are his pics, and username BOM88 :

http://www.vmaxforum.net/album.php?albumid=643

better then mushrooms eh dan, you know kept in the dark and fed shit all the time hahahah

One of our female office assitants was complaining that she feels out of "the loop" because we don't share information all the time. We told her she was a mushroom (see above explanation). She took offense and thought we were making a crack about her physique. I told her " We weren't making fun of you. If we were, we would have called you muffin top" :rofl_200:

muffin-top.jpg

One of our female office assitants was complaining that she feels out of "the loop" because we don't share information all the time. We told her she was a mushroom (see above explanation). She took offense and thought we were making a crack about her physique. I told her " We weren't making fun of you. If we were, we would have called you muffin top" :rofl_200:

:clapping:

oh man ... i'm cracking up laughing here. Too funny.

I really did not get to do much today but I did get my Barnett spring conversion kit in and I am anxiously awaiting the other parts to get here so I can finish the install (bike bandit is killing me this week) so I can freshen it all up. I recently got the fork springs and shocks done and ordered new spiegler brake brake lines yesterday.

The Wife saw me sitting in the garage with the stack of Invoices on the table today she said "1200+ $, are'nt you done yet?"

I said "Nope, wait until you see the bill for the engine and carb work I got planned".....She shook her head and went back in to the house. I look at it this way, she can't cut me off if she don't know where I'm getting... it :biglaugh:
BarnettClutch.jpg

Back