What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not done but ordered a traintech vapor today.

You'll love it! If you have COP's just make sure you wire the tach lead directly at the number 1 Cop harness where it plugs into the coil otherwise your tach wont work right.

Spent about an hour trying to replace my handlebars. Got the left side stuff off, but I can't get that chrome cap off the right side. Managed to gouge the clearcoat a bit on that side too in my frustration.

I'll try again tomorrow.

Had to buy a new rear tire...found two screws in my "old" one. Only had about 3,000 miles on it. DOH!

Added some knee braces and black powder coated radiator side covers.

I 'm trying to figure out my next set of mods. I'll probably work on the brakes next. Later this year I'd like to get one of those fancy Koso Rx2n+ 10k gauges.

Attachments

• 100_0099.jpg
    100_0099.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 20
Used my new carbpro and sync'd my carbs. SO simple. Took about 3 weeks for delivery, but well worth the purchase.

I installed the chrome scoops from Morley's Muscle that I won at the VMOA banquet at Thunder In The Valley.

Finished the DD clutch spring install yesterday. Already had the extra fiber installed.Long test ride today, about 130 miles, lots of stop and go. I love the way my clutch is now. Wish I'd done this mod a long time ago.
Steve-o

Pulled my middle gear output side apart. I put in a new seal and o-ring to stop the puddle of oil under the bike that I've been ignoring for the last couple of years. Cleaned and regreased my u-joint and pressed it back into the yokes. Slid the unit into the case started the bolts, pushed in the shims, bolted it down, torqued the bolts 22ft.pounds pinch bolts 17ft.pounds. Everythings good. Oops I forgot Sean said you can put on the rubber dust boot and the spring that holds it before you install the middle gear. 20 minutes and a sliced knuckle later I decided to pull it all back out. The boot and spring went on easy. Putting back together, the shim packs were hard to get in because of the boot. Tightened up the bolts. Torque the bolts. Two torque up fine. The third one feels like it's stripping. Some days you can't win for loosing. Oh well maybe tomorrow.

I installed the chrome scoops from Morley's Muscle that I won at the VMOA banquet at Thunder In The Valley.

Don't forget to email me for the return shipping instructions for your old cores. Congrats on the win by the way!

I took the beastie out for a ride last night whilst my wife rode the Kawi 650. What fun. We get way more looks on those two bikes then with me on the max and her on the scoot. And we get to our destination faster too.

"Rand 5107" wrote: The third one feels like it's stripping. Some days you can't win for loosing. Oh well maybe tomorrow.

Helicoils are your friend. I use them to re-do the right mirror reverse thread to greatly-increase my mirror options.

i beat the shit outta my flywheel and got no where.

Did you use a handheld impact driver or a pneumatic? Maybe time for some heat? The gas ax almost never fails.

And, I would probably recommend replacing them if you do heat the fasteners on something like a flywheel.

Ordered new hoses for my Carbtune, 6 yrs old and the hoses would collapse while syncing carbs. Carbtune has a 20 yr warranty but they would not replace hoses, so i had to pay for new ones.:confused2:

So, stopped by to pickup a few ordered parts on my way home from work.
- Shift Rod and nuts
- Rotor Bolt
- EBC HH Pads for the front.

After playing chef and chauffeur, got to head out and 'tinker' :biglaugh: Installed the new brake pads, then the rotor bolt (replacing the one I broke swapping my rotors over) and installed the new shift rod. Then I changed, geared up and took her for a ride! :clapping:

Still have air trapped in my front brakes, so I'm going to buy a Mityvac today :bang head: to hell with squeezing that damn lever!

Today I installed the $40 ebay dragbar. Then I bolted on the Delkevic engine guards for me to rest my feet on the long ride to work.
I noticed the horn wasn't working so I hooked up a NapaAutoParts universal horn temporarily until I decide what I really want.
Still shopping for exhaust but the stage 7 has arrived.

Back