What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I installed the $40 ebay dragbar. Then I bolted on the Delkevic engine guards for me to rest my feet on the long ride to work.
I noticed the horn wasn't working so I hooked up a NapaAutoParts universal horn temporarily until I decide what I really want.
Still shopping for exhaust but the stage 7 has arrived.

How do you like the Delkevic case guards, I am tired of the chrome rusting on the stock ones, I bought the delkevic ones but too lazy to install them.

Well I didn't strip the threads bolting up my middle gear. It was just the bolt twisting off. I guess oem bolts aren't up to being torqued 8 times in their life. Yamaha, Fastenal, pacific bolt, Honda, nobody had an m-8x30 flange bolt. I stopped at BMW and they had them and in 10.9 grade to. My middle gear is in and torqued down with 3 new bolts. Got my swing arm prepared for paint and applied a couple of coats of primer. Tomorrow I'll wet sand and paint.

Today I installed the $40 ebay dragbar. Then I bolted on the Delkevic engine guards for me to rest my feet on the long ride to work.
I noticed the horn wasn't working so I hooked up a NapaAutoParts universal horn temporarily until I decide what I really want.
Still shopping for exhaust but the stage 7 has arrived.

you'll love the stg 7. are ya thinking kerker?

you got pics of the new drag bars and engine guard set up??

I think I have a couple of used systems on hand too as well as the new stuff we sell.

Sean

How do you like the Delkevic case guards, I am tired of the chrome rusting on the stock ones, I bought the delkevic ones but too lazy to install them.

The Delkevics are stainless and beefy. The welds are nice.
Fitment could be better - The bolt holes are in exactly the correct places so that is just fine but on the left side the top bar should've been 4-5mm shorter to account for the thickness of the engine mount bracket. On that side I spaced out the two lower mount points and used my own slightly longer bolts (although the castle nuts still wouldn've caught the supplied bolts I just wanted a little more meat) in order for it all to be straight and "happy".
On the right, the aluminum spacer they provided for the top was too long. I turned it down in my little mickeymouse lathe.
I like them and would buy them again.

you'll love the stg 7. are ya thinking kerker?

you got pics of the new drag bars and engine guard set up??

I want a 4into2 with some type of (albeit minimal) muffler. I think that leaves either Marks or the "other guy" who I've quickly learned hasn't played nicely here, a topic I'm sure doesn't need dragged up again.

I really really like the dragbar. I'm 6'0 with long reach (my knuckles drag when I walk). In addition to being more comfortable for me it definitely brings out more of the muscle factor.
Here's a few pics:

dragbar1.jpg

delkevic2.jpg

delkevic1.jpg

Well I got done some mods in the last month or so......

YZF 6 pot calipers and HH brake pads..... This mod ROCKS
Progressive front springs
1" drop in front
Ricor Intiminators
5Wt Amsoil fork oil
Repainted and detailed front calipers and forks
All new braided stainless brake lines and clutch line
Venture differential swap
COO oil pressure handlebar mounted gauge
Carbon fiber fan shrouds
Modified Carbon fiber look, lowered, flattened seat
Morley Jet kit and air box mod
Progressive 12.5" rear shocks
V max labelled bar ends
Bug screen windshield

All this to go with my previously installed Kerker 4-2-1 pipe. Now that the postal strike is over up here, time to send Sean my old lid too!

It does not feel like the same bike; it runs better, rides smoother, and brakes awesome!

Time to ride!

Well, I got my CarbTune and was all exited to use it, hooked it up and they were all even, between 24-26 whatever units on the gauge. So I played around a bit to see what the screws did and got it back even.

So at least I have the tool if I need it in the future.

Finally finished up getting the new bars and mirrors on. I'll post up photos tomorrow.

Those caps were an absolute PITA to get off, and the throttle confused me for a good half hour, but the superbike bars were well worth it.

I'm gonna ride from GF to Missoula tomorrow, so hopefully I'm not hurting too bad.

Thank You for your Service, Happy 4th too... Florida is not all it's cracked up to be.
Soon English will be a thing of the past here...:sad2: You can only imagine how the
cultures clash...

Pushed Max quarter of a mile to a gas station, I thought I was close to reserve but my fuel light never came on.
I'll be looking at my electrics tomorrow

Pushed Max quarter of a mile to a gas station, I thought I was close to reserve but my fuel light never came on.
I'll be looking at my electrics tomorrow
That's not any fun. These bikes are not the easiest to push. I always set my od
to zero when fueling up in case that dam light ever quits on me. At 110 miles I start looking for the light and a gas station. Been there and done that when I first got the Max. But, my prob was where I thought the res.switch should be for normal running. To the right is correct.
Steve-o

Tried to find the d&mn oil leak and raised the "Y" . Previously ( like 2 years ago) I matched and inlarged the openings of the K&N filter and the "Y". I feel this is a much better option than removing the "Y" .

Lew

Superbike bars, and bar end mirrors installed.

IMG_0152.jpg

Took it on a short ride, and boy, I wish I had gotten them on earlier. The difference is astounding

Thank You for your Service, Happy 4th too... Florida is not all it's cracked up to be.
Soon English will be a thing of the past here...:sad2: You can only imagine how the
cultures clash...

Well, I'm glad I did this, but I'm happy that it's over. I got fireworks ready to go on Monday.

I'm from Lakeland down there, I know that it's been a rough few years with the economy, but I can live comfortably on the GI bill, which is what I'm planning on right now.

Took a short ride out to see the Mouse ( river ). It has subsided a bit, however the Mouse is still Mighty.
Also I bled and flushed the clutch on one of the young'uns at work's Vulcan. A 1500cc Twin didn't have the grunt down low like I would have expected.

That's not any fun. These bikes are not the easiest to push. I always set my od
to zero when fueling up in case that dam light ever quits on me. At 110 miles I start looking for the light and a gas station. Been there and done that when I first got the Max. But, my prob was where I thought the res.switch should be for normal running. To the right is correct.
Steve-o

Not the worst bike I ever had to push. That would be an old Suzuki GS750 with a rear brake that didn't want to release all the way.

Latest posts

Back